Chapter 4 - First Case : Phantom Thief

Hearing the strange noise, Zhao Li An stopped what he was doing.

"Oink! Oink!"

When Zhao Li An heard the noise once again, he was sure that it was a pig. The confusing part was that how could there be a pig in his house?

Tracing the origin of the sound, Zhao Li An walked towards the direction of his bedroom carefully. With a gun in his hand, he slowly opened the door and checked who or what might be inside his room.

As he surveyed his bedroom, he saw an actual pig rummaging through his stuff on his bookshelf! How can there be a pig in his room!? Could it be one of Jun Wei's pranks?

"Jun Wei, is that you? Is this one of your and Huan Yi Qi's pranks?"

Seeing that "Jun Wei" was not responding, Zhao Li An thought that it might not be him after all. It was already night and it would be busy tomorrow, so he thought that Jun Wei would not waste his time pranking him. Observing the pig more, it seemed to be fully grown. It was color black, but its forehead has a white spot. As it was searching for stuff in the bookshelf, Zhao Li An was thinking what was this pig that came out of nowhere looking for in the first place?

Yet, not waiting for the pig to make more mess in his bedroom, he tried to get its attention.

"Hey, Piggy. What are you doing in my bedroom?" Zhao Li An playfully asked as he put his gun back to its gun holder attached to his belt.

When the pig finally heard the human's voice, it turned around to face him.

"Oink! Oink!" (I'm in danger!)

"Come here, Piggy. How did you get here?" Zhao Li An continued as he approached the black pig.

"Oink! Oink!" (I have to go!)

Before Zhao Li An could touch the black pig, it immediately disappeared.

"Ehh? Where did it go?" Zhao Li An became surprised and confused as he looked around his bedroom.

Zhao Li An suddenly had a realization. "The pig suddenly disappeared... it has powers too? Then that means, not only humans got power, but also animals?"

"This is truly unbelievable!" Zhao Li An was suddenly stunned. He thought that it would be amazing if he had a pet with a superpower, but he did not have one at the moment. Wait, then how about plants? Also, how about the zombies? Did they also have powers? If zombies gain powers, that would be troubling for the people.

Taking a deep breath, he put these thoughts behind his head. One thing is for sure, animals could also have powers.

Zhao Li An went to his bookshelf to rearrange the items that were on the floor. While cleaning, he was thinking what was the pig looking for at his bookshelf. Most of the items were mostly pictures of his grandmother and him and books. He could only shake his head after not finding a proper answer.

After cleaning up, he went to the bathroom to take a bath and brush his teeth. He then went to sleep afterwards since tomorrow will be another busy day for the Supernatural Investigation Department team.

[Day 3 After the Rain of Miracle]

[Location: H City at Taiwan, Taipei]

[Population: 24, 998]

Zhao Li An suddenly woke up from the ring of his phone. Quickly picking it up, he saw that it was from Shao Fei.

"Hello, Shao Fei. It's so early in..."

Before Zhao Li An could finish, he was interrupted by Shao Fei.

"We have our first case. I need you here right now!" Shao Fei instructed.