Ruse

Juyeon woke up then groaned as he had a morning class. He decided to skip it and asked Hwituk to take notes for him. He rolled out of bed then headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

He dried his hair as he unlocked his phone to find out when Kevin was going to be at Ruse. He tapped on his cell number then put it on speaker as he needed to dry off.

"You woke me up asshole..." Kevin hissed as he sat up in bed. He figured he had by the sounds of his bed and sheets. "What do you want..."

"When are you going to Ruse?" Juyeon asked as he spread butter onto his toast.

"9ish... Why? Did you hear something?" he asked in his raspy morning voice.

"Perhaps. I heard there might be a surprise."  Juyeon said, suppressing his excitement and laughter.

"Ah, really... Guess I'm a bit more motivated today. Thanks." he said sleepily.

"I'll let you sleep a bit more. Bye Kev." he said before hanging up.

He took a bite out of his toast as he imagined the surprise on Kevin's face. Juyeon pounded on his chest as a piece of toast went down the wrong pipe.

더보

Juyeon exited the room and silently cheered. He was finally a trainee at Ruse. He had made a call to his night job and explained his reasoning for quitting. He smiled happily as they wished him luck. Juyeon checked the time and saw it was a little past 9:10 in the morning. He decided to head up to the practice rooms and see if he could find Kevin before his training time.

He passed a few rooms then spotted something that belonged to Kevin in one of the rooms. He pushed the door open and Kevin didn't seem to notice. He also seemed to be struggling with a move. He quietly watched as he repeated the same mistake. Juyeon shook his head then took it upon himself to help him out. He placed his hands on Kevin's hips then heard him gasp. He looked up into the mirror then quickly turned around.

"Wha- What are you doing here!? I thought..." he said in utter confusion.

"I lied to ya, Moon. I got in too." said Juyeon then winced when Kevin hit him. "Sorry."

He suddenly hugged him and nearly knocked him off of his feet. He returned the gesture and couldn't help but notice Kevin smelled sweet like honey with a hint of cinnamon. He found himself becoming slightly intoxicated by his scent. Juyeon pushed the thoughts away as it was weird to think about him like this. The door opened and startled them out of their moment.

"Oh, this is perfect. Nice to finally meet both of you. I'm your dance trainer." she said with a smile.

They greeted her with redden faces. They didn't expect someone to walk in on them. Juyeon turned away then fanned himself to cool his face down. He quickly moved to his bag so he could take out the water bottle he had stashed in it.

"So, I'm guessing you're Juyeon. Kevin's a bit ahead, so I'm going to be harsher on you since you decided to come in later." she said then headed back over to Kevin.

He sighed to himself as he zipped up his bag before joining the both of them.

더보

Juyeon sat in a chair and read over a song they'd be using to practice their vocals with. He glanced at Kevin who seemed to get the notes right on his first try. He started to feel slightly inferior. There were a few parts he kept struggling with.

"Hey, how's it going?" asked Kevin as he pulled his earbuds out.

"It's great..." said Juyeon with a forced smile.

"Where are you having trouble?" he asked while moving closer.

"I said-" he started but noticed Kevin wasn't paying him any attention. "Kev..."

"Is it these marked parts...? Hm, they're a bit tricky. See, what you do is try using your head voice while singing falsetto." Kevin said then gestured for him to try it.*

He sighed then applied the advice Kevin gave him. They both looked at each other in surprise at how good it sounded. They gave each other a high five and got excited at his success.

"Now keep practicing so they can recognize our talent." said Kevin cheerily.

Juyeon nodded enthusiastically then noticed a few others had come in. One sat in between him and Kevin then politely greeted him.

"Name's Yeo Taesil. You?" he asked with hopeful eyes.

"Lee Juyeon. Nothing special." he replied before turning his attention back to the sheet.

"You're new right? How are you liking Ruse so far?" he asked without looking at him.

"It's pretty great. I think I'll grow well here." Juyeon said cheerily.

"I've been here for about a few months now, so I'd be more than happy to help you out. Hey, do you have anywhere to go after this?" he asked with shining eyes.

"No, not really. Why?" he asked with piqued interest. "Ah, actually I do. Sorry."

"No problem. We can grab lunch another time, yeah?" he said with a smile.

"Actually, we still can as long as we get it to go." said Juyeon as he calculated the amount of time it'd take to get from Ruse to school while adding in wait times.

"Nah. If you're busy then lunch can wait." he said then took out his phone. "Gotta go. See ya, Juyeon."

It was only day one and he somehow managed to make a friend. Lady Luck was definitely smiling upon him.

"Hey Ke-" he started then noticed he wasn't there. In fact, he was the only one in the room. "Where'd everyone go...?"

더보

He sighed heavily as they were finally given a break. His body felt numb and it was hard to stand. His throat felt as if it was on fire. Juyeon looked up at the others who worked out with him then frowned when they didn't look all that tired. Was he out of shape? He did workout at the school's gym and usually did some exercises at home. Maybe it wasn't enough.

"Oh! Juyeon!" a familiar voice called out.

Juyeon looked around then waved when he spotted him. He didn't think he'd be free.

"Skipping practice?" he asked jokingly.

"I'm on break. I heard you were in this room so I took a few stairs down. I wanted to ask something." he said as he sat back on his heels. "You free Sunday?"

"I work mornings unless I have class. So, no." Juyeon said then waited for him to speak up.

"After?" he pressed.

"I see no harm in it. Let's flesh out details later." he said as he looked at the time. "You should go, they're probably waiting on you."

"Probably. See you." said Taesil before leaving.

"You befriended the mighty Taesil? The guy who always does things alone?" a trainee asked.

"I guess so...?" replied Juyeon as he didn't quite understand it himself.

a/n: i have no idea what i said there so yeah. sorry to all of you who know what singing's about