Chapter 10

~Time skip: 2 weeks~

Juyeon arranged the shelves, checking to see which games were no longer available on the shelves.

"Juyeon." a soft voice called out.

"Mineun, hey. Kinda busy actually doing my job." Juyeon mumbled, writing down game titles.

"Ah, well. I was going to tell you that we're getting a new employee and we have to train them." she responded, watching him work.

"What fun. Thanks for the info." he said, walking away to check other shelves.

Mineun followed. She fiddled with her fingers before speaking up.

"About that time we went out... I'm sure you don't want to be bothered by it, but I'm not giving up on you." she said enthusiastically. "I'll get you to see that I'd be perfect for you."

"Do as you wish." he said flatly, moving onto the shelf below.

It wasn't really much of his problem as he already turned her down more than once. He started to wonder why she couldn't get the hint. Was he not clear enough?

"And just for the record, I'm going to say this again and as clearly as possible. I am not interested in you and I will never be because I don't see you as a woman." Juyeon said with a straight face.

Mineun involuntarily let out a small gasp before frowning.

"What do you see me as?" she questioned.

"Uh... an annoying sibling." he responded, turning his attention back to the shelves.

Mineun angrily punched him before storming off. Juyeon massaged his hip as he let out a hefty sigh. He hoped saying that had finally gotten through her thick skull. A customer stepped through the door and another employee had gone over to assist.

"Juyeon? Oi, Ju!" a happy voice called out.

"Sam? What are you doing here?" he asked in pure confusion.

He never told anyone where he worked at. Even if he did, it was a chain store so there was no way he'd know exactly where.

"Ah, just in the neighborhood. Figure I'd pick up a game the four of us could play." said Sam as he walked over to Juyeon. "Got any recs?"

"Uh... I suppose this one." he responded, picking one. "It meets everyone's different requirements. Though I'll play anything I find interesting."

Sam looked the game over while Juyeon moved back to the counter to see how many game titles they had in inventory that could be moved out.

"Hey Ju, can I ask you something?" asked Sam in a low voice.

"Sure." replied Juyeon as he half listened.

"Don't you think Seohoon's a little... strange at times?" he asked.

"Everyone has their quirks." Juyeon deadpanned.

"I know but, he's been using his phone a lot more these days. He easily gets startled when you call out to him." Sam muttered, deciding to buy the game after all.

Juyeon took his time in ringing him up to avoid appearing as if he was slacking off.

"Maybe it's something important with family. That or he's found some nsfw thing and is embarrassed." Juyeon reasoned.

Sam took the bag with a frown.

"If you say so. But moving on, I never expected you to work in a game store. Figured you were a waiter." Sam said with a chuckle.