Announcement

~Time skip: 2 months~

Everyone sat and stood quietly in a room as they waited for whoever was supposed to arrive. Juyeon glanced off to the side and saw Kevin busy with his phone.

"Hey, what are you looking at?" Sam asked, trying to see his line of sight.

"Excuse me..." Juyeon muttered, leaving his spot to talk to Kevin.

He stopped short as a woman and guy had come over to him. They seemed... chummy. Juyeon sat back down, losing his will.

"So you just wanted to stand? Weird but okay. Anyway, I have this awesome game I wanna try out with you. You in?" asked Sam with hopeful eyes.

"What kind of game is it?" asked Juyeon warily.

For as long as he's known Sam, he wasn't one to do simple games like patty cake. He was joined by Taesil and Seohoon who had just arrived from prior engagements.

"So, the game is real simple. We each write down a dare, throw them into a hat and we each take one. But here's the catch: you have to balance something on a part of your body while doing said dare." Sam explained, looking triumphant.

"Well, sounds dangerous, only something you could've come up with. Second, I'm pretty sure we have more important things to do like homework, working on our presentations for evaluations." replied Juyeon, looking to the other two for backup.

"Sounds a bit fun to me." said Seohoon with a cheeky grin.

"I'm with Ju. We should put our time into bettering ourselves." said Taesil with a shake of his head.

"Then let's compromise. We spend two hours on the game and the rest we do the important stuff." Sam said.

"I suppose." responded Juyeon. "So where will we be playing this game?"

"My place! I've always wanted to invite you guys over but there was never a good time..." he muttered, rubbing his chin.

The door opened and everyone fell silent. They squeezed their way through the crowd then exhaled.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting. I'm sure this news will find you well. Though, nothing is certain so do take what I say with a grain of salt." she said, pushing her bangs aside. "We all figured if we announced it now, it'd get your competitive sides pumping and raring to go."

Everyone started to murmur before she quieted them down. She cleared her throat then looked as many people as she could in the eye.

"We plan on debuting a solo artist. They'll get more promotion than those put in a group to add on. So, do your best everyone. We're looking for the creme de la creme of you lot." she said before squeezing her way out the room. "You're all dismissed."

Juyeon and co. exchanged looks before slapping each other on the arm. Taesil grabbed Juyeon by his shoulders and shook him.

"What did I tell you? I knew at least one of them was true!" Taesil said excitedly.

"Wait, wait. You two knew this announcement was coming?" Sam asked in disbelief.

"Well no, it's just Tae here heard a rumor that the company was planning to debut a boy group and a solo artist." Juyeon explained.

"Wow, who'd you hear it from, Tae?" Seohoon asked out of curiosity.

"I happened to overhear it when passing by. I can't really say..." responded Taesil with an apologetic smile.

"Just say you don't want to give away your informant." Sam muttered with a roll of his eyes.

"From here on out, we're frivals." said Taesil, putting his hand in the middle.