Chapter 13

Juyeon typed on his laptop then heard a knock on his door. He wasn't expecting anyone to come over that day so hearing a knock made him suspicious. He wasn't given much time to think as the door opened.

"Kevin? I thought you had plans." Juyeon asked in surprise, not bothering to look at him.

"I do, but I decided to include you in those plans." Kevin responded, wrapping his arms around Juyeon's neck. "Oh, I know this. Need help?"

"If you don't mind. Actually there's a question I'm not too sure about." Juyeon muttered, going back to the question.

Juyeon quietly listened to Kevin explain the question in a way he could understand. It all made sense. Kevin pulled over a chair and started looking over the previous questions. Juyeon silently watched and took notes when Kevin started to point things out.

"You're so knowledgeable... How do you understand it so well?" he asked in awe.

"Ah well... My mom had this book and I read it. I asked her about it and she taught me everything. A happy accident I suppose." Kevin replied with a shrug.

Kevin continued to help Juyeon with his work until he was completely finished. Juyeon stretched out in bliss, thankful for finally been done with it.

"Sorry for making you help me out with that." apologized Juyeon.

"It's fine. I don't mind actually." Kevin said with a smile. Juyeon drummed his fingers against the surface, not entirely sure what to say. "You're wondering why I'm really here, aren't you?"

"Not really, but I wouldn't mind an explanation." Juyeon answered.

"My friends abandoned me. It was understandable though. Things can suddenly come up at any time." Kevin said with a heavy sigh. "Though I'm sure they just don't want to hang out with me anymore."

"It's their loss. You're the best person to hang out with." said Juyeon with a frown.

"You're just saying that, especially since we've been friends for ages now." Kevin mumbled. "Nonetheless it makes me happy to hear that."

Kevin left his spot on the chair then flopped down onto Juyeon's bed. In actuality, it wasn't that his friends canceled, they never made plans to begin with. He was going to be meeting a loathsome person later. As much as he didn't want to, he had to. For Juyeon. He looked to his side as Juyeon had joined him on the bed.

"Do you have plans tonight?" Juyeon questioned.

"Nah. Got something you wanna do?" Kevin asked curiously.

"Your place, drinks and movie marathon. It'll make your day not feel entirely wasted, right?" he suggested.

"I'm down with that. Let's hope they have some good movies." Kevin said with a sigh.

"So, are you hanging here all day or...?" Juyeon asked. Kevin shook his head, explaining he needed to stop by Ruse. "I see."

"Well, I should get going. It'll take a while to get to Ruse from here." Kevin muttered, reluctantly getting out of bed. "Don't forget to bring alcohol tonight."

Juyeon waved as Kevin disappeared behind the door. He sat up with a frown. Kevin was lying to him. After being friends for so long, he's picked up on certain cues for when Kevin lied. Though there were still times Kevin got away with some. Should he follow him? He decided not to, seeing he'd spill the beans later when intoxicated.

도보

Juyeon was granted entrance from a strangely quiet Kevin. He thought he'd be a bit more cheerful seeing him and the alcohol he was carrying.