Chapter 15

"One, two- No. Stop." Juyeon barked.

Kevin stopped then started to pant. Juyeon was ruthless. He was going to collapse at this rate. Juyeon had him start over from the top. He listened to Juyeon's clapping until it started to sound far away along with the music. He blinked frequently, everything he was hearing becoming garbled.

"Kev!" shouted Juyeon as he fell forward. "Oh god, did I push you too hard?"

Kevin slowly blinked, still hearing Juyeon in garbled nonsense. He quickly sat up at the feeling of water being poured on his face.

"What the hell? Are you trying to drown me?" Kevin growled before grasping his head.

"No, my hand slipped..." apologized Juyeon. "I didn't mean to overwork you. I forget that you were never one to have a lot of stamina."

"I take offense to that. I definitely have a lot more than I did in middle school." said Kevin in a huff.

Juyeon simply laughed as he patted his back. Kevin perked up at the sound of the door opening. He tensed at the sight.

"Oh, wasn't expecting to see you three. I can't really hang right now. Gotta get my partner up to my speed." said Juyeon happily.

"No, go ahead. I need a break." mumbled Kevin before quickly fleeing the room.

"What's up with him?" Sam asked.

"I pushed him too hard. He's probably scared." Juyeon shrugged.

Juyeon walked over to them then noticed Seohoon had taken something out of his bag. It was food, sweets to be specific.

"Take one and tell me if you like it." Seohoon said.

They all took one and then a bite. Sam immediately spit it out.

"That's hella sweet. Gross." he spat, wiping his mouth.

"We like it." Taesil said as he and Juyeon nodded.

Kevin had come back in then looked like a dear in headlights.

"Hey, come over and try one." Seohoon said with a smile.

"I'm okay..." Kevin whispered, going back over to his things.

"He's so timid..." Taesil muttered. "How can you stand it?"

"He's not usually like this. He's really loud and annoying." Juyeon responded, glancing back at Kevin. "It's odd..."

"Anyway, I should probably meet up with my partner. Catch you later." said Seohoon as he put his sweets away.

"Ah, I probably should too." Sam agreed.

Juyeon waved as the three of them left. He looked over at Kevin who seemed more relaxed now.

"Hey, Kev... do my friends make you uncomfortable?" Juyeon asked softly.

"Not at all." Kevin responded.

"Kevin Moon, you cannot lie to my face. Tell me the truth." Juyeon demanded.

"If I tell you the truth, they'll hurt you and you can kiss me and my time here goodbye." Kevin said then realized he said too much. "Just... don't press on the matter anymore. Please. I promise when I'm ready I'll tell you."

Juyeon reluctantly agreed.

도보

Juyeon and Kevin found some time after their schedules to practice their performance together. Juyeon went less hard on Kevin, worried he'd collapse like before. After some time passed, it was time to switch.