Chapter 17

~Time skip: 2 weeks~

Juyeon stretched out in bed then looked at his calendar. His eyes grew wide before he searched for the time. He visibly relaxed, seeing he had woke up on time. Today was the day for their evaluation. He and Kevin had been practicing hard and today was the day they hoped to see their efforts pay off. Though, if he were to be honest, he wasn't all that confident. Despite how much Kevin had helped him, he still couldn't sing as well Kevin.

He was startled out of his thoughts by a ringing phone, causing him to drop his spoon full of milk and cereal. He answered the phone as he went to the kitchen to grab a paper towel.

"Ju, I'm nervous. I know I'm going to mess up." said Kevin, worry laced in every word.

"I'm nervous too. They're going to be harsher this time. Though, no one will be getting the boot... right?" asked Juyeon a tad concerned.

"I figure as long as you've shown improvement, nothing bad will happen." said Kevin happily.

Kevin had a point. They talked a bit longer before hanging up. They agreed to meet up at Ruse some time before they were set to perform to review. Juyeon reached for his phone, still having a weird feeling. He decided not to bother Kevin, assuming it was just his nerves coming back.

도보

Juyeon arrived in the room they decided on, wondering if he had come early. He reread their messages and saw he wasn't. He was right on time. Was Kevin running a bit late? It wasn't like him to run late, especially for something important.

More minutes passed, causing Juyeon to become slightly panicked. He called Kevin's phone but it went straight to voicemail. Something was wrong. He left the room, calling his phone repeatedly. Still no answer. He started to ask around, hoping someone had seen Kevin. No one had. What was he to do? They only had so much time left before they were set to perform.

"Kevin!" Juyeon called out, seeing no one could help him.

He opened doors, hoping to find Kevin in one of them. He frequently checked the time, each time worsening his panicked state.

"Ju, hey!" said Taesil.

Juyeon moved to wave then stopped, remembering Taesil's true intentions. He could've done something to Kevin.

"Where's Kevin?" he asked straight up.

"Whoa, whoa. I know we aren't the best of friends anymore, but why would I do something to Kevin when you already know how much I detest him? Sure, I may say a few mean things here and there, but actually committing an act against him? That's too risky." said Taesil with an annoyed look. "Sam probably did it."

"Trying to blame it on someone else, huh? What in the wide world would Sam have against Kevin? Huh?" Juyeon pressed.

"Oh, I don't know, other than the fact he's your personal stalker. Have you really not noticed? Was the photo I showed you not enough?" said Taesil with slitted eyes.

"He's done nothing of the sort." Juyeon said in disbelief.

"Yeah, right. Just about everyone around us three knows about it. Even Seohoon. R.I.P to him though." said Taesil with a shrug. "So Kevin's missing?"

"Yes. I still don't like you but you're the only person who's listening to me seriously right now. We go on in five minutes and I need to find him now!" said Juyeon, shaking Taesil's shoulders.

"Well, what would a stalker do to a person they deem a hinderance to their unrequited love? Well, most would try to silently get rid of them." said Taesil with a snort. "Murder. That meant murder. But I don't think Sam would go that far. Yet."