Insult to Injury

Juyeon rubbed his eyes as he hardly got any sleep the night before. Kevin hadn't responded back to him. In fact, he hadn't seen him since the day they apparently fought. He hasn't been to the company since. Wouldn't that jeopardize him? Kevin was making him worry and he didn't like it.

He sighed heavily as the bus came to a stop. Yet another day of classes he had to miss because of Ruse. His new schedule had been processed wrong, so he had to wait yet another few days for it to be corrected. It also meant he and Hwituk wouldn't have classes together anymore. Juyeon sent him a text asking how he was holding up. He sent back a few emojis. He was snapped out of his daze by the voice on the speaker signaling they had arrived at his stop.

He walked into Ruse and greeted the staff. He was soon jerked to the side and attacked by hands.

"Dude, you're a few minutes late. What gives?" Taesil said happily.

"You have bags under your eyes. Did you pull an all nighter?" Seohoon asked.

"Or did you jerk off 'til dawn?" Sam said with a snicker.

Juyeon pushed them away and quietly took the stairs. He wasn't interested in talking to anyone but Kevin. Things needed to be straightened out and he wasn't going to rest until they were close again. He looked into each room and failed to spot him. Juyeon headed to the recording studio and was glad to have found him. He was alone at that.

"Moon." he called out, hoping to get his attention.

He hummed in response but didn't look at him. Juyeon rolled his eyes then snatched his papers before sitting on his lap.

"Stop ignoring me. I know you're upset about what the other trainees said." said Juyeon, getting straight to the point.

"Huh? What do you mean?" he said with a confused look.

"Weren't you called to the CEO's office about it...?" he asked just as puzzled.

"She wanted to see me because she noticed that I'm close to failing a class." Kevin said with a straight face. "But now that you've brought it up, tell me what other trainees have been saying."

"Don't mind it. It's idiotic." said Juyeon then got off his lap. "But, why were you ignoring me...?"

Kevin sighed then gave him an annoyed look. He honestly had no idea what he did.

"You forgot that we were supposed to go home together early so you could help me cook meals." Kevin said emotionless.

"Oh... why didn't you say anything?" Juyeon countered.

"A certain someone decided it was a good idea to put their phone on silent." he spat while looking at him.

He had forgotten his phone was on silent.

"But I called back and you weren't answering." Juyeon said with an upset look.

"Maybe because I was upset that you forgot that you promised me you'd help and then had the nerve to call two hours later when I'm already home and balls deep in cooking." he said angrily.

"I'm sorry..." muttered Juyeon then handed him his papers back. He snatched them out of his hands, leaving a small paper cut on his hand. "How can I make it up to you...?"

He remained silent. He took it as a sign that he didn't want to be bothered any more than he already has been. He gave him a brief hug before leaving.

더보

Juyeon misstepped again. He ruffled his hair as the group seemed upset with him. They had every right to be.

"Miss, may I sit this one out and have you teach me alone? I'm sure I'll get it then." he said then was granted permission to sit on the side.

Practice continued on without him. They had gotten farther than he had expected.

"You're all free to practice on your own until 2:20. I'll be with Juyeon until then." she said then had him follow her into another room.

Juyeon placed his water bottle off to the side then took a deep breath.

"You're usually the sharp one in the group. What's dulled your blade?" she asked.

"Just personal things. I didn't want to keep the group back, so I figured some one on one would be good until I get myself sorted out." he explained then stretched a bit.

"I like guys like you. Knowing when to take a step back and self reflect." she said with a smile.

"Thank you..." he muttered then told her he was ready.

"Whatever is weighing you down, it'll get lighter, whether it'll be a good or bad outcome. Either way, you'll come out stronger." she said then started practice.

더보

"I heard you were the black sheep during practice the entire day. That's really not like you." Taesil said as they ate lunch together.

"I'm just going through some things. It'll be okay soon." said Juyeon then took another bite of his salad.

"You can always talk to me you know." he said with a smile. "There's also Seohoon and Sam too."

"I appreciate it." Juyeon said, returning his smile.

"So this is where you've hidden him!" Sam shouted then dashed over to them.

He couldn't help but laugh as Sam and Taesil argued over whether it was intentional or not. Seohoon nudged him then smiled.

"There's something I want to ask about. It's about this morning." he said with a serious look.

"Ask me in private, please and thank you." Juyeon said then went back to watching Taesil and Sam.

더보

He scratched his neck then looked at Seohoon. What was he to say to him?

"Look, I appreciate the concern, but Kevin is my problem. It's natural that best friends would have arguments." said Juyeon then sighed. "We were fighting over something silly anyway."

"Are you sure...? It didn't sound like it." he muttered.

"Kevin takes things too seriously. Don't worry so much." Juyeon said with a smile.

Soon the sound of something falling caused them to look towards the door. He opened it and briefly caught someone running down the hall and rounding the corner. Juyeon frowned heavily as the other trainees were such gossips.

"Who was it?" Seohoon asked.

"Those gossiping trainees. Get ready for another rumor." he said with a shake of his head.

더보

Juyeon had just woken up when his phone started to ring. He picked it up and answered the call.

"Asshole!" he shouted before hanging up.

Juyeon sat up and saw it was Kevin who called. Why was he suddenly calling him an asshole? Was it because of yesterday? It couldn't be. He sounded more upset than before.