Chapter 12

~Time skip: 1 week~

Juyeon and the other trainees sat in a room as they waited for a higher up to come. He found himself searching for Kevin and spotting him by the window. He left his spot near Taesil then squatted in front of Kevin.

"Hey." he called out in a soft voice.

"Go away." spat Kevin.

"Come on, don't push me away..." Juyeon muttered, following Kevin's lead.

"How's everything? Nervous about the results?" Kevin asked, glancing in a certain direction. "I said just leave me alone."

"Of course I am. I could be booted despite working so hard." Juyeon replied before running a hand through his hair. "So you're really going to act like this?"

"I'm not acting. I said long ago our friendship is over. Why can't you understand that?" Kevin barked, gaining the attention of a few nearby.

Juyeon pursed his lips before walking away. They had recently started play acting in accordance to Kevin's wish. He still doesn't know any of the details, but if it meant they could be around each other again, he'd go along with it.

"I don't get it. Why do you continue to torture yourself with this? Kevin doesn't want to be friends anymore." Taesil said in a low voice.

"Tell me, if you had a best friend that you've known for nearly a decade and they suddenly stopped wanting to be friends, would you simply just give up without ever finding out why?" Juyeon posed, finding himself going into his best friend album on his phone.

Taesil glanced over and saw the numerous photos of Kevin and the both of them. It was clearly obvious from these pictures they were extremely close and cared about one another. He felt a bit for the two of them.

"Kevin really means a lot to you, huh?" Taesil asked softly.

A gentle look settled within Juyeon's eyes as he looked up at the uninterested Kevin. Taesil's smile turned sour at the sight of such a look. It disgusted him. The door opened and in stepped the woman from last time. She silently handed out papers, providing no context whatsoever.

"Ah, if anyone has a big green stamp, your time at Ruse is done. Thanks for choosing us. Audition again next year." she said cheerily.

Juyeon watched as numerous people got up from their seats and left in a foul mood. He quietly counted the people that remained. He involuntarily let out a relieved sigh at the sight of Kevin still in his seat. Kevin briefly glanced up at Juyeon, his heart contracting slightly at the sight of Juyeon still seated. They made it past their first hurdle.

"To the rest of you, good work. We hope you see you further improve yourselves from here on out. Do note that we won't hesitate to cut you off if we see that there's no improvement." she said, giving them her 1000 watt smile. "In some other news, you will all be put in new groups. As you can see, quite a few of your group members left. Your new group should be at the bottom of the paper I gave you all."

Juyeon looked at his. He was in 2.

"Ah, we aren't in the same group again. Is fate against us?" chuckled Taesil, giving Juyeon an eye smile.

"Maybe so. But it's not like we can't hang out like we do now." replied Juyeon happily.

Taesil nodded in agreement. Soon Seohoon and Sam were making their over to them.

"Are any of you in group 3?" Sam asked. They shook their heads. "Dammit..."

"Oh, we're in the same group Tae." said Seohoon, giving him a high five.