Happiness turns into madness ~ Chapter 40

4 years later... (Sorry for skipping ahead so much, I didn't want to bore anyone)

Walking home on the chaotic sidewalks of New York did not make me annoyed today like it does most of the time. People are  constantly bumping into you without a care. I am one who doesn't particularly like the feeling of someone's dirty body hitting mine  as I walk past them.

Today, I was just happy to be going home 3 hours early from work. Yes, a whole three hours early! I work as a secretary at the new dentist office down the street from me. There were one to many secretaries scheduled for today, so they let me leave.

I could not wait to get home to Anthony, my boyfriend of almost two and a half years.

After I left Jordan, it took me a while to move on until I soon realized, I wouldn't get anywhere without trying for a future. I, sadly, had to celebrate my eighteenth birthday all by my self about a week after Jordan and I split up. It was fantastic... note the sarcasm.

Soon, I met Anthony in the café at the end of my street. After about a year, he moved in with me, since he still lived with his mother, even though he was 20. That leaves him to be 24 and me 22 now.

Sometimes, I ponder about Jordan and how he is doing. But I figure, he is probably doing much better than me, even though I am doing great. I completely blocked him and Chris from my phone to avoid missing them too bad and running back to them.

Anthony knows nothing about the world of werewolves, and I intend on keeping it that way. We had been recently been talking about getting married in a few years. He was really a sweet guy.  That's why I couldn't wait to get home to him.

I passed some more people and walked up the stairs of my apartment complex. I opened the door to the lobby and walked to my mailbox.

"Hey Nora, how's it going?" Phil the doorman asked me.

"Pretty great. I got off work quite early and I am going to spend time with Anthony. How about you?" I smiled, scooping my mail out of the box.

"It's going good. Thanks for asking," he said while simultaneously watching he door.

"Well you have a good day now, Phil," I said walking to the elevator. I pushed the hard, lit up button and waited for the elevator.

"You too!" he called out to me.

I laughed and shook my head. Phil was the first friend I made when I came here to New York. He helped me get a job and start out my life.

The elevator doors dinged and I stepped out. I walked to my room and got out my key, trying to be as quiet as I could. I wanted to surprise Anthony.

I opened the door quietly and crept in my apartment, closing the door silently.

I set the mail down and heard some noises coming from my bedroom. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and tiptoed to the door.

I flung it open quickly to see Anthony and a girl scrambling to cover themselves in sheets. They were  getting it on, in my bed.

My eyes prickled with water as I stood helplessly at the door.

"Babe! You weren't supposed to be home for another few hours," Anthony said, putting  on some boxers.

I was appalled. "Is that what you care about right now? Me being home early? You don't care that I just caught you with another girl in our bed?" I asked him, with my hands on my hips.

"No no no. Of course  I do. But it really isn't what it looks like," he tried to say.

I snorted. "Your sick," I slapped him, hard and ran out of the apartment , crying.

"Wait Nora!!!" he screamed. I didn't wait. I ran to the elevator and clicked the button continuously.

Anthony came running down the hallway towards me.

"Come on," I spoke while pressing the button.

"Let me explain!" he said, standing in front of me. He grabbed my arm to make me stop pressing the button. His strength was hurting my arm as he squeezed it tight.

"I love you," he said. I punched his nose so hard, it cracked and his head whipped sideways.

"Go to hell."

He turned his head back to me with so much fury in his eyes that it scared me.

"Anthony,"  I warned, backing up slightly. He came so close  to me I had to push his chest back. I kept walking backwards until my back hit the wall.

Anthony walker  up to me and raise  his hand to slap me. I waited with my eyes closed for it but it never came. I opened my eyes and BAM! He smacked me so hard I fell to the ground.

"Just wanted your eyes open," he winked at me.

The elevator dinged open finally and I crawled quickly over to it while holding my cheek. I clicked the close butting before Anthony could register what happened.

"Oh no you don't," he said and tried to run into the elevator. The door closed just in time.

I sigh in relief, then I started sobbing. I was crying so hard my body was  shaking. My cheek felt so numb. He had never laid a hand on me before, unless it was a gentle one.

His action surprised me very much.

The elevator door opened and I silently hoped Anthony didn't take  the stairs running after me.

I walked  out cautiously so see no Anthony.

I ran out the door, past Phil, still holding my cheek and sobbing. I didn't even stop at Phil's requests for me. I kept running and running on the sidewalks, weaving in between people.

People threw curse words at me, as now I was the one bumping into them. I tried avoiding hitting people, but it was  inevitable.

Then I ran right smack dab into someone's chest. Looking up to say sorry, but I was lost for words. I saw the person that I expected to see the least.

___________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Don't forget  to comment, vote, and follow if you like the story. And if you see any errors, tell me please! Thanks! And just for the record, I read every single comment and I see everyone who votes, follows, and adds my book to their reading list. So, extra thanks and love to you people!