Fired ~ Chapter 44

The hours seemed to be ticking by so slowly as I sat behind my desk at work. I was waiting to go home at 4:00pm, and still had two more hours to spare.

The day had gone by so slow so far, hardly any patients, afterall, it is a new office.

The door bell rang, signaling someone had walked in. The patient waited until I was done typing.

"Hello can I....you little twat!" I scream whispered. The jerk standing in front of me deserved even more rude words.

"Nora, I was under strict rules, don't be mad," he spoke peacefully. As always, he tried to keep the peace.

"Don't be mad? Don't be mad! You ratted me out Christopher!" I explained to him.

Him and I were supposed to meet at that coffee shop, but instead, he sent Jordan. Yes, maybe I was being extreme. But I would've liked to keep him out of my life for as long as possible.

That didn't work.

"I know, I'm sorry. If I hadn't told him though, I could have been killed," he spoke solemnly. I knew he meant it, although Jordan would never do that.

"Jordan wouldn't do that. He knows I would never even look at him if he murdered you," I explained as if it were common sense.

"You're right. That is why he would've hired a hit man. And before you think that sounds crazy, you need to meet the new Alpha Jordan. He is overpowering. Trust me."

I rolled my eyes and went back to typing. This is ridiculous. Jordan being an overpowering douche, wasn't he always?

"Well unless you have an appointment, you should leave," I told Chris.

If we kept talking like this, I could get in trouble. I had to get back to my work.

Chris sighed and left. I glanced at the clock and saw it said 2:15.

"Ugh," I moaned.

Suddenly, the phone rang.

"Hello this is Nora from Dental Clean and Care, how can I help you?" I asked speaking into the phone as I picked  it up.

The speaker hesitated before speaking.

"I was wondering if there are  just walk ins, or do you need an appointment?" he asked.

"Well, since business is running slow today, you can come in now if you able."

"Okay, I'll be there at about 3. Is that okay?" the deep voice questioned.

"Yes sir, that's fine. Thank you," I answered politely.

"Welcome, I'll see you soon!" his deep masculine voice exclaimed.

I smiled and put down the phone. I couldn't wait til he came in, his voice was just enough to know he was probably hot. I couldn't wait.

By the time 3:15 rolled around, I didn't think the man was going to show up. Then as I was typing on my computer, I heard the bell ring as someone walked in.

I smiled. This might be the guy. I kept my eyes on my computer until the patient came up to my desk.

"Hello, I'm the one man you spoke to on the phone who asked about a walk in appointment," he said as he approached my desk.

I looked up to see a man who was actually pretty hot. But I wasn't very happy with him. I frowned at him.

"Really?" I asked a bit bored. Everywhere I go, he had to follow I swear.

He smiled at me. "I'm having a bit of a toothache," Jordan winked. "I think it is from your neck last night," he smirked at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "First Chris then you," I spoke going back to my computer.