Jerkface ~ Chapter 52

Jordan's mouth dropped in surprise. He surely was not expected that from me. I guess it was kind of spontaneous but I needed to know.

I was about to roll over off of him, but he grabbed my thighs and held me there.

"It was just that they knew that we had been having some conflicts, and they wanted to make sure we remained together. No matter what," he explained.

I understood it now. They were the elders and they made sure everything stayed perfect. It seemed perfectly alright to me now.

"Oh okay I get it," I said. "But, I need a shower desperately," I told Jordan. I pecked his lips and got out of bed.

I walked slowly to the bathroom. My tailbone was still aching. I must have taken quite a hard fall, or two. 

When I finally got to the shower, I ley the hot water pour over me. Hoping my dulling headache would completely vanish, I stayed under the water until I finger were starting to prune.

Eventually, I got out. The tiles on the floor were cold against my wet feet. I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped myself in it. I brushed my teeth for a second time before walking out into the bedroom.

"Dress elegantly. We are going out," I heard Jordan say.

He was standing in front of a mirror in a black suit. He looked marvelous. His hands were working dexterously to align his tie perfectly.

"Sí, señor," I said before walking to the closet.

I wrapped my hair in the towel looked for a nice dress. I decided on a long sleeved, open backed, long black dress. My shoes were just normal silver heels. I thought it looked pretty elegant. I threw the shoes out of the closet and I slipped on the dress.

My hair and makeup still needed a major doing. I quickly made my way to the bathroom and got out the curling iron and the blow dryer. I dried my hair thoroughly before curling it. I clipped it all up on the back of my head in a chic look. A few curly pieces fell down and framed my face.

I quickly and expertly did my makeup. It was a natural beauty look with a bit of a smoky eye.

"Oh my, could you take any longer?" Jordan groaned from the room.

I giggled. "I'm almost done," I said and put a necklace around my neck. It looked like diamond, and it probably was.

"Thats what you said thirty minutes ago," he grumbled.

I checked myself over and walked out of the bathroom.

"Well I'm done," I said to him. He was laying on the bed on his phone.

I walked into the closet and grabbed a cute silver clutch. I stuck my phone in it and strapped my heels on.

"Ready?" I asked. I was standing by the door, now waiting for Jordan.

"Yeah," he said and walked towards me.

"You look nice," he told me. "But you look better like this," he said and pulled the clip out of my hair. My hair fell down my back.

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room.

"I have a question," I stated.

"Ask away," he said as we walked down the hall.

"Why is the mark on my neck gone?" I asked.

His eyes widened slightly for a fraction of a second. A look came over his face that I recognized as nervousness, then it disappeared as quick as it came.