Davey Jacobs (Newsies) +~ Fluff~+

Requested?: Nope

Title: Extra

Davey's POV

I figured it wouldn't be too hard a day of selling, so I let Les go and sell with Crutchie today, leaving me on my own. Now, you may be thinking "David, Les is the only way you manage to sell enough papes to eat!" And with that, you're wrong, because I'd recently learned a bit from Jack, including a couple techniques he used regularly.

One of those techniques happened to be flirting with younger, seemingly single women. Though it was horribly awkward, I decided to give it a try on someone, but who would it be.

I continued my yelling of fake headlines that I knew would catch someone's attention, and a few stopped to buy papes, until my breath was taken away by an absolutely stunning girl that was walking in my direction.

She was amazing, with soft looking (h/c) hair that lay in loose curls, framing her pretty (s/c) face. She wore a pale pink button up shirt with flowy sleeves, a black vest, and a long black skirt that nearly covered her shoes, accented by a simple leather purse. I felt heat rush to my face as I realized she saw me, and swallowed my awkwardness. I just had to be like Jack, easy peasy.

"Hello, beautiful. Care to buy a pape?" I asked her, grabbing her attention. She stopped right in front of me with wide eyes that I quickly noticed were a lovely shade of (e/c).

"That's untrue, but sure. And what's your name?" She agreed with a shy smile, digging in her purse for a presumably a penny. She found what she was looking for and held out a nickel.

"I'm David, miss, and I couldn't take your nickel," I tried to push her hand back towards her, noticing how soft her hand was, but she pushed back.

"No, I want you to. I know your friends, if you happen to know all the Manhattan newsies," She insisted.

"You do?" I tilted my head to the side, perplexed.

"Yeah! Tell Jack Kelly hi for me, after you get back to the lodging house. I'll take my pape and be off now, I don't want to be late for work," She told me, and I realized with a jolt that I hadn't given her a paper yet. I gave an apologetic smile, pocketing the nickel and holding out a paper that she gratefully took.

"I will, you have a good day miss..." I trailed off, realizing I didn't have her name.

"(y/n), (y/n) (l/n). Have a good day, David," She nodded her head and then was off on her merry way, wandering down the street to wherever she worked.

I didn't notice I was smiling so wide until my cheeks ached, but I couldn't stop. She was a sweetheart, most definitely, and not just a pretty face. I shook it off, since I'd likely never see her again. I lived in the Big Apple, where dreams come true but chance meetings with a specific person don't happen twice

But still, as I continued hawking headlines and flirting meaninglessly (which scared me because it felt like I was turning into Jack, or worse, Race) the day passed by, and soon enough I only had three papers left. I then saw my little bother sprinting at me at full speed, and I spread my arms to catch him in a hug, going to crouch at his level after he released me.

"How was your day, bud?" I asked, taking off his cap that was far too big for his head and ruffling his hair, which he pouted at.

"It was great! We got all our papahs sold early, so Crutchie took me on a walk around the city! It was so big, and we saw some Brooklyn boys and my girl Sally!" He rambled excitedly, making me chuckle at him.

"It's papers, Les. And that sounds fun, are you planning on selling with him tomorrow?" I corrected, feeling a tinge of hope. Maybe I'd see (y/n) tomorrow, and I didn't want my little brother watching us, he'd catch on to me flirting before anyone else.