Jenna Hutchersen (Waitress) +~Fluff~+/^-Angst-^

Requested?: mmhm, by @alexiakkay

Title: An Unwelcome Visitor

(y/n)'s POV

It was a nice morning, not a particularly abnormal one but sunny and just the right temperature outside when I figured I'd go to a local cafe for lunch. After all, I was off work this week so I had nothing better to be doing.

I walked in the door, immediately being greeted by a pretty figure who was wiping a table. There was a cute chalk sign that said "Don't wait for hostess :)" so I shrugged and took a seat by a window and looked out, watching the birds and the people pass by.

"Hello, I'm Jenna and I'll be your waitress today. Can I start you off with something to drink?" The woman from earlier asked in a southern drawl that seemed pretty common around here, as well as setting a menu down in front of me.

"Lemonade, please. And I like your name, it's the same name as one of my exes. Good terms, but yeah," I said awkwardly. Wow, good job oversharing (y/n).

"Oh, you're a lesbian? Is that what that little pin on your jacket means?" She asked, tilting her head curiously as she glanced to the pin over my heart, just like the many other pins that decorated my denim jacket.

"Yeah, that's the lesbian pride pin. There's also just a general rainbow pride, and a pansexual one in solidarity for a good friend of mine," I explained, pointing to different pins. She nodded with a slight smile, before gagging and panicking. She apologized before running to the bathroom, making me feel really bad for her.

I glanced at the menu that she'd left, unable to keep the goofy smile off my face. The cute girl wasn't homophobic, so she wasn't a bad straight girl to pine after for a little while. She had to be straight, she seemed mystified by all the pride stuff I was rambling about earlier.

I glanced up and saw two other waitresses crowding the bathroom door, arguing with Jenna about something. I shrugged, deciding not to be nosy, and looked back down at the menu. It wasn't my business what drama the waitstaff had going on today, and I wasn't in a rush either. I was only going to dinner with a couple friends today, so I had plenty of hours to kill anyway.

Suddenly, a very disheveled man burst through the door, looking around to see an almost empty restaurant besides two waitresses crowding the bathroom, a random couple being cutesy towards the back, and me.

He ran up to me, and I could smell liquor on him even from a few feet away. I was disgruntled by the odor, but tried not to show it.

"Have you seen a Jenna Hutchersen? Kinda fat, waitress, light brown hair?" He demanded, yelling and drawing the attention of everyone else in the establishment.

"Why do you-"

"She's my wife, and she hasn't texted me back since before her shift. That fucking bitch is ignoring me," He all but screamed in my face, startling me and making me jump backward.

"She's a working woman, you stated she's a waitress here right? She's probably just been busy. And also, don't call your wife fat. I'm sure she's absolutely stunning." I told him, narrowing my eyes. I really didn't like this man, and something was telling me that Jenna wasn't safe with him.

"I'll call my wife whatever I wanna call my wife, lady. Now fucking tell me where Jenna is," he leaned in close, and I seriously could have passed out from the alcohol smell on him. And he just generally stank, did he ever take a shower?

"I don't know, sir. I don't work here, I'm just trying to enjoy my day off." I answered, reminding myself to stay calm. I really needed to stay calm or a bad situation could sour more, and I really didn't wanna put Jenna in any danger. At least, any more danger than she may already have been residing in.

"Ah, fuck it lady. You dykes really are up to no good. I hope you rot in hell," he spit, pushing my shoulder before stomping away to ask some other victim where his wife was.

I was about to turn back to my menu when Jenna came out of the bathroom, looking like she'd seen 50 ghosts. The angry drunk man scrambled up to her, grabbing her forearms roughly and trying to drag her out. I knew that I refused to let that happen on my watch and got up to stand alongside the other waitresses, who were trying to get him off and block him. Jenna looked small, but the other two had blazing eyes that showed their refusal to back down.

I admired these girls, and stood next to them, trying to protect Jenna from this intoxicated husband of hers. He shoved me and I hardly lost my footing before pushing him back. He stumbled, not standing very solid in the first place. He let out a grumble before turning heel and starting to stalk away.

I started to let down my guard and turn to the frightened waitress when he came rubbing back, shoving me to the ground. I squeaked, not having been mentally or physically ready for an actual fight. I looked up at him, trying to fight his way to a shaking Jenna.

"Don't you love me, Jenna? Don't you fucking care? I lost my job, and you're here working like everything is normal. Why don't you care about me you dipshit?" The man snarled. I got up from the ground, throwing him a dirty glare.

"Earl, you're causing a scene-" she started before he, Earl supposedly, grabbed her forearms tight, ignoring the tugging and fighting from the other two waitresses.

"Who cares? What, are you gonna leave me? You're not allowed to leave me, Jen." He gave her a twisted smile, the kind that made me step close to her.

"Yes I am, Earl. I want a divorce." She said quietly, but clear enough that everyone could hear every word she said.

"No the fuck you don't!" He all but screamed in her face, causing me to pry his hand from her arm and throw it back at him, stepping in front of her slightly.

"I've called the authorities, young man. They'll be here soon," Another man, who I believed to be the manager, snarled with a sickly sweet grin, pulling Earl's arms behind his back and holding them. A waitress with a name tag reading "Becky" helped, grabbing his arm. Another, whose name tag said "Dawn" went to help after some strange looks from Becky and a loon between Jenna and I.

I laid a hand on her shoulder, frowning at her immediate flinch before she looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Are you alright Jenna?" I asked quietly, studying her. She said nothing, instead pulling me into a bone crushing hug. With no second thought I wrapped my arms around her in return, holding her as close as I could and feeling the way her frail body shook with sobs.

"Thank you, thank you so much. I'm so sorry," she cried quietly into my denim jacket. I rubbed soothing circles on her back, desperate to do something to comfort this girl.

"Hey, shhh, it's alright. It's not a problem, I'm just happy you're safe." I whispered into her hair, and I felt her physically relax.

"Hey, don't let my vulnerability and all be a factor or anything, but... I think you're really great, and I was wondering if you'd go out with me? Since I'm newly single and all, and I feel closer to you after less than an hour than I ever did with my husband. Unless you're seeing someone, it's totally fine if-!" she rambled, before I cut her off with a kiss on her cheek.

"I would really like that, and considering I'm not seeing anyone and you are a delightful girl... I think that may just be a yes," I answered, smiling as sweetly as I could. A little smile made its way to her face.

"Well, you'll have to give me your number then. And thanks again, I should really get back to work." She winked before turning heel and walking behind the counter. I glanced to the door to see Earl being dragged out by a couple of police officers.

This day was wild, but I think it was worth it in the end.

(1420 words)