Brooke Lohst (BMC) +~Fluff~+

Title: The Napkin

Requested: boy howdy yeah, by 

Brooke's POV

Chloe, Jenna, Christine and I were going to my favorite restaurant for lunch today. Gary's Cafe was a local restaurant, the type that attracted older people for their coffee and pastries, and the type that attracted younger folks for the vintage aesthetic that was perfect for Instagrams.

We were waiting to be seated when a girl around our age showed up. She was  pretty, with (h/l) (h/c) hair, and (e/c) eyes. She was also extremely familiar, so she'd probably waited on a table I was at before.

She caught me staring and winked before asked Chloe how many people our party had.

"Party of four," she barked, but this waitress didn't seem to particularly care. She wiggled her eyebrows at me flirtatiously, causing me to go beet red and fall behind the rest of the group, who I now realized was walking to our table.

We all sat down at a nice booth, right next to a large window. I sat on the outside, on a side that the flirty waitress strayed closer to. 

"Now, can I get you folks any drinks to start?" She asked with a winning smile that made heat rise in my cheeks.

"Just a water, please." Christine started, followed by Jenna's "Mountain Dew", Chloe's "Pink lemonade." and lastly my "Oh, normal lemonade please."

The waitress smiled, particularly at me, and said "Alrighty honey. I'll be back in a minute with those." She even winked at me before prancing away with some sort of skip in her step.

I really had to try hard not to watch her ass as she went. I succeeded in resisting, but she was cute. My face was certainly bright pink by now.

"Ugh, what is that girl's problem?" Chloe complained. I shrugged awkwardly. It didn't really bother me that she made advances, it was flattering. It was a bit embarrassing and weird to do it in front of my friends, but I certainly didn't mind it.

"I mean, I think it's nice. She seems cool," I piped up gently. 

"Yeah, it's just harmless flirting. And Brooke obviously is kinda into it," Christine added. My cheeks went red and I looked down at the table, fidgeting with my hands.

"She's on the job though. Save the flirting for school or whatever." Chloe pointed out. I shrugged with a soft smile.

"I don't mind it. She's just confident and being nice, it's not like she's touching my shoulder or anything." I told her. 

(y/n), the waitress, came back with four drinks and started setting them down in front of us one by one. I smiled up at her and she grinned back, and just then I noticed that her cheeks were also tinted a nice, cute shade of pink. A little tingle in my chest appeared as she made eye contact with me.

"Now, are you ready to order or do you need a minute?" She asked, breaking eye contact and looking around.

"We're ready." Chloe butted in, glaring at (y/n), who seemed unfazed as she got out her little notebook to write our order down.

"I'll get a caesar salad with grilled chicken please." Chloe said, and (y/n) scribbled it down before looking to Christine who was next to her. This continued on, a normal scene besides the tension and Chloe's passive aggressive glaring at (y/n).

"What exactly is your problem, Chlo? The waitress seems nice enough." Jenna asked. 

"Flirty waiters are just annoying, okay? It's like they have no other way to get tips." She growled, rolling her eyes.

"Well they do need the tips. Most restaurants pay their workers horribly. She probably just wants extra money for college or rent or something, it's alright," Christine soothed, rubbing Chloe's shoulder carefully. I hummed in agreement, and I saw Jenna nod.

"Fine, I'll stop being pissy towards her." Chloe told us, crossing her arms as she sipped her pink lemonade. 

"Good. Plus she's cute, if Brooke don't ask her out I will," Jenna teased, elbowing me. I went red once again, my heart racing.

"What I- why would I- it's not- I- but I- gay?" I blurted out, causing laughter around me from my friends.

"Sweetie, you have a pan pride flag in your room." Christine pointed out. Shit, I forgot about that. 

"Oh right I just- well I- i'm bad at talking to girls." I stammered. Jenna laughed, wrapping an arm around me.

"Yeah sure, but this girl is probably into you! If you hint at liking her, she'll probably make a move so you don't have to." She told me.

"O-okay. I could write my number on a napkin?" I proposed. The girls nodded and I smiled, getting a convenient sharpie from my purse and a napkin that I'd hand to her when she delivered our food. I wrote out my phone number, as well as my last name and a little heart drawing.

We chatted about life for a bit, how school was kicking our butts, significant others, and we definitely had an extensive conversation on how cute Christine's pet snake, Noodle, was. Noodle was a precious baby and we all loved her a lot.

Soon enough (y/n) came back with our food, and I nervously grabbed my napkin. She winked at me when she gave me my potato soup, and just as she was turning away I tapped her shoulder. She whipped back around, confused, but I held out the napkin for her.

"This is for you?" I tried to sound confident, but it came out less flirty and cool, and more like a question.

"A napkin?" She quirked an eyebrow good naturedly as she took it. 

"Yeah! It has something on it, but you should read it after I leave." I stammered. She smiled, tucking it into her pocket after carefully folding it.

"Will do." She said as she turned away. This time I watched her hair swish around as she walked.

Yeah, I was definitely smitten.

(970 words)