Regina George (Mean Girls) +~Fluff~+

Requested?: Yes, by @Riverclan_

Title: Lunchtime Encounters

(y/n)'s POV

I didn't know how life became so insane at North Shore High, but here I was. A new girl had arrived this year, Cady Heron from Africa who took my school by storm. If I thought things were insane with Plastics drama before she came, I had a big storm coming.

Our school's recent history was wild, with Regina George gaining weight and becoming a meme after their annual talent show performance. I felt bad for her, but nobody ever stood up for people at this school, or you'd be eaten alive.

Now where did I fit in with this hierarchy at school? Was I a plastic, or close to them in status? Well, no. I was practically the bottom of the food chain. No friends, barely even acquaintances with losers like Janis Sarkisian, the girl I took art with.

And yet here I was, in the present. I sat alone at my normal table, just a three-seated one in the back. Regina couldn't even sit with the Plastics after breaking one of their stupid rules. And I saw her storm my way, towards the back. I figured she'd sit at one of the many empty tables, and boy was I wrong.

She plopped her tray on the table that I was at, and sat down at a seat across from me, examining me carefully.

My eyes went wide as I looked at her, then down at my lunch.

"What's your name?" She barked impatiently, and when I looked up frantically she looked annoyed, but expectant.

"Oh! I, I'm... umm... (y/n)! Yeah, that. (y/n) (l/n)!" I squeaked, adjusting my big glasses as they descended down my nose slightly.

"Aren't you sure?" She asked, and I could hear her rolling her eyes when I looked back down to my tray. I could also feel the many gazes of my confused classmates burning into my skin.

"Well yeah I just... people don't really talk to me. Why are you here?" I gained a tiny bit of confidence as I spoke.

"Because Regina George's friends may be bitches who kicked her out of her own table, but Regina George doesn't eat alone. And you don't look all that judgmental anyway." She gestured to me, making me hyper aware that I looked like a total nerd. Today I was wearing a soft oversized gray sweater, with light wash jeans, a matching denim jacket, and a black beanie with my (h/l) hair poking out softly. It didn't help that I always wore my round wire glasses and rainbow converse.

"Thank you?" I said awkwardly, before eating a spoonful of soup from my warm thermos.

"Not in a mean way, loser. I just mean you look nice, not the type to laugh me out of the cafeteria." She said.

"Oh, yeah I guess. I get that a lot. I mean, mostly the looking nice part from my baby cousins who use me as a human shield, but yeah," I said, looking up at her. She had a softer look on her face now, more content than burning with rage.

"Well, they're certainly not liars. I don't see why you sit alone, you seem perfectly fine. Sure you're shy but there's tons of shy people here right?"

"Well yeah, but I don't like approaching people and people rarely start conversations with me, so friends are few and far between. Plus I mostly just talk about weird artsy stuff, people don't think I'm interesting," I explained awkwardly. It was weird, having a decent conversation with Regina George of all people.

"But you look like a boss-ass bitch, I don't see why you're not as popular as me, and everyone's not in love with you or something." Regina proclaimed, making my face heat up.

"Yeah no, I'm less of a girl next door and more of a weird art creep." I laughed uncomfortably. It also didn't help that I gave off raging lesbian vibes, according to an internet friend of mine. Which was fair, because I was indeed a raging lesbian. I can't help it that girls are really pretty, okay?