Chapter 6

Everly

His words left an impact on me as I went to bed with a lots of thoughts in my mind. Like he promised, he was outside my house very early at around six am, school doesn't even start until eight-thirty. He won Phillip and Barbara's heart with his charm and I scowled at him. He grinned at me as I walked down the stairs after getting ready for school.

"You never told us about your friend?" Phillip said as I walked down.

"We are not friends." I said and that earned a surprise look from both Barbara and Phillip.

"We are actually best friends." Elliot said and I chuckled at his words. Sure, mate. From total strangers to best friends in a day.

Barbara and Phillip looked relieved and I just shrugged.

Breakfast was awkward, Elliot did not even have to try so hard to fit into the conversation. With his charming and smart self, he was able to hold a smooth conversation with them. When breakfast was done and we walked out of the house.

I said to him, "Now that you had it your way, you better listen to mine. Yesterday you had your way, today you better pretend we both don't know each other."

"What is with you and pretending we don't know each other?" He asked with a frown.

"We are both from two different social group like I explained."

"Who the f*ck give a sh*t about social group?"

"The whole school." I said shaking my head, "Why do you think those students who roam with you for?"

He sighed. " I cannot just pretend that we don't know each other after my talk in the hallway."

"You call that a talk? Talk is having a casual conversation and listening to others as well, but your talk is ordering the whole school what you expect from them."

"Same thing." He shrugged. "Let's get in the car, grumpy cat."

"Stop calling me that, I am walking to school. It's a nice weather. I don't want to ride on a car and miss this opportunity to walk to school, after few months it will be cold again."

"Fine. I will walk to school with you and walk you back."

"You are so weird." I said. "Why would you even do that?"

"Because I want to be your friend."

"Friend? Should I be suspicious of your motives?"

"Clear motives." He said.

I shrugged and turned and started walking towards school. "Do whatever you want."

I heard the car door opening and closing and hope he have left in his car, but he was soon beside me with his back pack. "Wait for me also." He said in horror.

"I thought you are an athletic."

"You sure you are not interested in me? You sure do know stuffs about me." He teased and I rolled my eyes at him.

"You are the quarterback of the school." I said annoyed at his teasing.

"I was just playing with you." He said as he bumped shoulder with me. "Relax, girl."

We had small conversations, we said hello to random strangers and even played with the fallen leaves. When I saw the familiar brown building I looked at him and he said, "Not going to happen." He shake his head. "We are friends."

"If I get into dramas, I am kicking you out."

He gasped. "Am I not worth fighting for?"

I smiled at his comment and shrugged. Whispered soon started taking place as we both walked in to the school. Elliot, for the first time walked to school, instead of having grand entries in his beautiful sport cars everyday. The crowds made ways for us and I felt weird about it, I used to get pushed while they made ways for him. Abigail looked thrilled and excited seeing Elliot beside me and waved at us.

"Have a good day ahead, see you at lunch." Elliot said and waved at us.

"You are in so much trouble." I said to her and she raised her hand in a defensive way.

"He found me in the parking lot"

The bell rang and I know she was glad she could escape from my questions. Classes were boring, but if you want to score well, you have to pay attention to take notes. Abby was throwing paper balls from behind and I completely ignored her.

When the bell rang for lunch, Elliot was missing and I was kind of glad to be away from spotlights. Abby and my spot was taken away by some people and we miserably had to look for another spot, but we ended up on the emergency staircase. I rested my head on the cool wall and closed my eyes, I was starting to feel exhausted and sleepy, when someone opened the door with force, jolting me awake and scaring me. Elliot's eyes was on me as he walked towards me and Abby.

"What are you two doing here?" He asked.

"Eating lunch." Abby said nonchalantly.

"Why here?" He asked frowning.

"Why not the cafeteria?"

"We don't sit in the cafeteria." I said. "We are either outside or here."

He turned and pushed his way in between me and Abby and sit in the middle. "What were you two doing before that?"

"Taking nap and you had to ruin that, also."

"Go back to sleep." He said and he put my head on his shoulder.

"No, thank you." I said and leaned my head on the wall and he put my head back to his shoulder.

"No worries." He said and so I did, he smelled of peppermint and of smoked. I noticed his tattoos on his arm and said, "Nice tattoos."

Abby laughed and He just smiled, they both was having some conversation as I closed my eyes and took a power nap, until I heard the bell ring.

"We are going home together." He stated.

"I will see you outside school's main door." I said as I have to go to the security again.

"Don't run away, again." He said. "I will find you, always."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with others.