Chapter 43

Everly

As I was putting a book back to the shelves, a voice behind me scared me.

"We meet again."

I see Landon behind me, He stood casually leaning on one side.

"Are you stalking me, now?"

"You wish." He said, smiling. "I am here to pick up a book to borrow."

"Okay."'I said and tried to walk away from there away from him, but he followed me.

"What are you doing?" I muttered.

"You live somewhere close by?"

"I don't share my personal life with strangers."

"Interesting." He said. "I will be seeing you, soon."

"I hope not." I said to him and he smiled.

"I didn't do anything that give you the opportunity to treat me this way."

"You give me lots of reasons to treat you this way."

"What are those reasons?"

"For me to know and for you to guess."

"How cliche." He said. "See you later."

"Like I said, no thank you." And I turned to walk away, before hearing him chuckle. If Elliot finds out about this, he will be mad and upset at the same time.

I couldn't help but sigh in relieve when I saw him leave the place. I texted Cole about the encounter and waited for his reply.

"Elliot will find out one way or another." He texted back. "Is the dude regular in the place?"

"No. That's the thing."

"I would suggest you just bring out the topic, that you met a guy name Landon?"

"And have him go all upset and worried?"

"Or do you want him to be mad and upset with you when he finds out the truth himself?"

"Why is it so difficult?"

"You are making things difficult."

"Thanks, bro." I replied sarcastically

"You're very welcome, love."

As the library close really early in the weekend, it have it perks for us. We get to go home at 6 pm. Elliot was waiting for me in the parking lot, while I stood behind the wall debating whether I should bring the topic of Landon to him, when Landon appeared out of no where and give me a small fright.

"What the f^ck! Should I call the cops on you for stalking me? What are you doing here?"

"Relax, I was just waiting for your shift to end."

"Why?" I asked, nervously hoping that Elliot wouldn't see this or come out of his car to look for me.

"Would you like to go out with me for dinner?"

"I have a boyfriend." Was my simple answer.

"You mean that guy who was with you? He can't even protect you and brought trouble for you? You could do better."

"We were in a new place." I pointed out and not wanting to correct that in fact Cole is not my boyfriend, Landon seem to be the guy who is curious and I don't want him to follow me or search for my "real boyfriend" if I just corrected him by saying that Cole is not my boyfriend. In the end, he might find out that Elliot is in fact my boyfriend and the reason I dislike him have to do with Elliot.