Chapter 12

Everly

I cussed under my breath and walked out, hoping that Phillip didn't hear anything, but much to my horror he did as he came out looking confused himself.

"Who is here?" He asked as he yawned.

"Abby." I said in a hurry.

"She could have just texted you to open the door?" He asked as again Elliot rang the door bell and I cussed internally. "You can go back to bed, I will handle this."

He moved towards the step, "I think I should go with you.. just in case it is some stranger."

"I think I should be good, you can go to bed. It is really Abby she texted me."

"Sure?" He asked.

"Yes." I said and he give me a look before sighing and going back to bed. "Sorry about that." I apologized and he nodded his head.

When I opened the front door, I see Tyler with a scowled on his face and Elliot was smirking and Abby looked like she give up on them.

"You." I said in a hush tone, pointing at Elliot. "are calling for trouble."

"I called you and you chose this." He said and I can see that he is sober now with his challenging look.

"You are sober now, I will call a cab and you take your a^s home." I said and scowled at him. "My dad almost came down."

"That would have been terrible." Elliot said with a fake gasp.

"So you better take your a^s home before you get into more trouble."

"So cold." He said. "The least you can do is give a drunk man some water."

"Wait here then, I will get you a bottle of water." He pushed passed me and I pulled him back by his shirt.

He opened his mouth to speak, but I glared and said, "You better zip your mouth or I will kick you out for real."

He smirked and walked back in.

"You guys can go home.Thank you for bringing him here." I sarcastically said and Abby grinned.

"Night, E." And she winked. "Enjoy" And I gagged.

Elliot is way too comfortable spending time here that he knows his way around, which I shouldn't have been surprised about. He took out a bottle of water, took a big gulp and looked at me.

"What were you doing before my arrival?" He asked in an innocent way.

I scowled at him and said, "Turn off the lights. I am going upstairs to bed."

I went back upstairs and made my way back to bed and prepared myself to sleep for the third time. I was really exhausted and sleepy and it seem like he is making a joke out of all this.

He walked in, very casually and I pointed at the make shift bed on the ground, he cannot complain the floor is uncomfortable because I made sure, it is comfortable for him to sleep, so he and I doesn't have to share a bed.

"Look at you." He sarcastically remarked. "what a lovely guest service."

"An unwanted guest always gets this type of services." I smiled sweetly at him and he grinned and took the pillows and blanket and moved to my bed.

"You better not."I said. "Get back down."

"It's not like we have never shared a bed before and I didn't do anything to you either."

"You are so annoying." I said and give up on him as I turned the light off.

"The party was boring today." He started and I turned to looked at him.

"Isn't it boring always? You go to parties all the time, same thing just different people and houses."

I could see him from the moonlight that was coming from the window. He smiled and he looked angelic with the moonlight and his smiled, showing his dimples.

"You are so refreshing, Everly." He said.

"Refreshing as mint?" I teased.

He laughed and said, "Where were you all this time?"

"Don't they always say that?" I said rolling my eyes.

His laughter and smiled died down and he said, "I wish I met you sooner."

"Why?" I asked. "Were you that bored?"

"More than bored, I was lonely." He whispered.

"Lonely? You have so many people that is trying to get your attention and wants to be friend with you." I said.

"They all want to be with me because they want to be accepted in the school, while you." He smiled.

"While me?" I questioned him.

"You don't want anyone to accept you, but you want to accept people in your life. There are many people who is trying to be part of your life, but you are holding back."

"You don't know anything about me." I said losing all my humour and my eyes turned into a dagger.

"I may not know you well, but all I know is you and I have to accept what has happened and allow people, who really want to be part of our lives a chance."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading, please give this chapter a Vote and share my books with other readers. Thank you for reading this book!