Chapter 54

Everly

"What are you doing during Christmas Eve?" Cole asked us as we met one day before the fight.

"Just hanging around with relatives and family." Abby said, shrugging.

"Same." I lied and he nodded his head.

"Since Elliot is not here, his parents are in London and are planning to celebrate there, my family is keeping it simple. They were the only close family over here, so you want to hang around during Christmas at my place? You two are my only friends now."

"Why does it seem like you are a loner in school,when you are not?" Abby questioned and he laughed.

"You two are so much better and nicer to hang out with, the rest of the school just want to hang out with me for their own reasons."

"Ain't we so cool?" Abby bumped my shoulder and grinned, and I give her a tight smile.

"What's wrong?" Their smile fell and looked at me and I just shrugged.

"What's wrong?" I questioned them back.

"You are not yourself lately." Abby pointed out. "Look at the eye bag under your eyes."

"You can always share your feelings, you don't have to hold back.We don't judge." Cole supported.

"I am fine." I said laughing, but it was not a sincere one. "Should we order? I am hungry." I said, in hope to change the topic.

They just sighed and dropped the subject, as the time was going by and I kept looking at my watch and wondered how come the time is going so much quicker than usual, I realized that the time is actually going how it use to, its just the amount of time that is left for the game was coming closer and I have no idea how to face that monster on my own. By the end of the day, I could not hold back and had to rush home and had a break down by myself. Tomorrow, Landon will be coming after me and I can do nothing but wait. Should I even go to the cops for help? It will mean investigations on the club and the members and was I ready to risk it all? That morning, Landon somehow got hold of my phone number, that dude and his way of stalking is so scary and creepy.

"Why there is still no sign of Elliot yet?" He barked on the phone.

"He should be coming." I lied to him.

"You should know by now, not to lie to me. If I lose those gold bars, you are in so much trouble." He pointed out.

"How many times have you repeated that same thing."

"It seem like you are not taking things seriously, so I have to make sure, that you understand that I don't make jokes like this. I take things seriously."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Then I should report you to the police for stalking, and invasion of privacy."

"You do know that if I end up being in trouble, I will be pulling everyone around me too which include your boyfriend. I don't know where he f*cking went, but trust me, if he doesn't show up tonight. I will get you first and then hunt him down later." And he ended the call. I have very less time to look for safety. I had to convince mom and dad to get out of town for Christmas to meet up with their siblings and they give me a weird look saying, why they should leave me behind and alone for Christmas. When I said that I will be spending time in Abby's place for Christmas, they were first hesitant, then agreed to go out of town. That leave me all alone in the house, making it easier for Landon to get back at me, but I know that everyone around me is safe and away.

It was evening already and was dark outside, four hours before the fight. Abby had to show up with pizzas and in her Pjs.

'You can't be here." I said as she made her way in. I don't know when that creep will show up and having her here will risk her life.

"Why?" She pouted. "You are alone and I want to keep you accompany, It's Christmas time, c'mon."

"You seriously cannot be here, today or tomorrow." I said as I pushed her towards the door.

"Why?"

"I need some time alone." I said.

"What is wrong with you these days? I know you miss Elliot, but you cannot cut all of us out, now." She complained as she turned around to look at me for explanation.

"Right now, I have no explanation and you should leave." Then someone knocked the door.

"Did you make plans with Cole?" I asked.

"No. I thought that you might want some girls' time." Abby said and I panic as I pulled her with me to the stairs and to my room. "Don't make any noise even if you hear any weird sound, do not panic. Call the police if I am missing, you have to be safe, just so you know I want you to be safe and you better be safe." I said and grabbed her shoulder. "Do you understand?"

"You are scaring me, what's wrong?"

"I also want you to know, that I did these to keep everyone safe, do not regret or feel sorry because I did what I wanted. Please do not make a sound and do not come down even if you hear something, promise me." I said in urgent as the door bell started ringing.

"I cannot promise, I won't come down." Was the first thing that came out of her mouth.

"We don't have time and I for sure have very less time, please promise me." I pleaded and she hesitantly did it and I give her a last hug and ran not before locking the door from outside. "I am sorry." I said as I locked her in the room, "It is for your own good."

It was no doubt Landon and I see that guy from before, who I assume named,Hunter standing. Hunter seem like he wanted to be anywhere than to be here while Landon was standing impatiently at the door.

"I almost broke the door." He said to me and glared down at me. "You either walk by yourself to the car or we will help you, you decide."

Author's Note: Hello beautiful readers, thank you for reading this book. Please give this chapter a Vote, if this chapter gets 30+ plus votes or reach 70k reads, then there will be a bonus chapter ❤️👀 thank you so much ❤️