Chapter 7

"We're going to the cafe, Chelsey, if mum gets home tell her that I'm with Ethan and Ryu!" Mark yelled.

"Alright!"

Ethan felt slightly bad about leaving the friends that he was supposed to be with behind but they had both insisted he'd go because by the time he'd tried to check up on them, Chelsey knew almost the entire story.

The question was. Who was Ryu?

The walk to the cafe was cold. Very cold. It wasn't early in the morning but it was still freezing. Frost littered across the grass and the sun reflecting off it made everything seem a lot more beautiful than it actually was.

Ethan was thankful for Mark's warm hand cupped in his own. Something about it made both of them so happy. Some sort of content feeling like that's all they needed right now. It was like those walks they'd take together at camp... They were together and that's all that mattered.

"Mark you said it'd be just down the road." Ethan whined.

"It is! There is a junction down here. The cafe is there. They always have the heating nice and cozy, it's not too hot either and there's someone I want you to meet." Mark explained pointing down the path.

"Fiiiinnnee."

Soon they reached the town. Shops were everywhere, it was like a big outside mall but smaller. There was a Subway down here. A fucking Subway. The place where you got sandwiches.

"Remind me not to leave." Ethan sighed.

"Come on the cafe is just down there." Mark grinned pulling the small blue haired boy along by the hand.

The cafe in question was small but not too small. It's cosy nature was calming and sweet. Once inside a rush of hit hit Ethan almost making him melt from warmth. There were a few people dotted around but not many. They were mostly in small groups chatting.

"Ryu!" Mark called. Ethan turned around to where he was facing. A girl with a short boyish hair was sitting with her legs up on the seats across from her, laptop on the table and cupcake in hand. She wore a hoodie with blue jeans.

The girl pulled her headphones from her ears, paused whatever she was watching and grinned up at Mark.

"New meat?" She questioned gesturing at Ethan.

"My boyfriend. Remember when I told you about Ethan?" Mark asked tightening the grip on his hand.

Ryu's eyes widened. "So you're the one and only person that's kept Mark here alive for the past few years. Come and sit. Tell me about yourself."

Ethan and Mark sat across from her, still holding hands. Ethan leaned towards him slightly.

Ethan stated down quietly. Kind of nervous. He took a sharp breath and smiled.

"Well you know my name... I'm Ethan Nester, I'm extremely allergic to peanuts... I enjoy drawing and ice skating and I love video games." He greeted. "You probably already know this but I met Mark at summer camp. Camp Evergreen, down in Pennsylvania. He made that year of camp less of a hellhole... and I made so many friends thanks to him."

Ryu smiled. "Well, I'm Ryu, if I say something dark it's usually a joke but sometimes not." She winked. "I like this cafe which is how I met Mark, I'm also good friends with most of the workers here which is why I stay here all day because they let me watch Netflix in the warmth. Annnnndd you'll never catch me dead in something girly."

The two grinned.

"Hello. Can I help you today?" A waitress asked.

"Oh hey Georgia." Ryu greeted.