Chapter 12

It was a long walk to the rink but it was worth it. Ethan never took notice of the scenery until Mark was next to him, pointing the beautiful things out in the world, the things that got him through the past few years.

As the two strode along the path, bags on shoulders and skates in hand, they sometimes looked to each other, shyly kissed the other on the cheek and kept walking along the frosted path with flustered faces.

When Mark and Ethan finally arrived at the rink, Ethan took a deep breath in loving the scent of being back here. He held his member card out and saying that he'd pay for Mark's entry too and once he was on the ice, he had to stop himself from skating away and performing tricks. Instead, he waited and watched Mark put his skates on.

"I don't know how to do this..." Mark fretted.

"It's hard at first and you're going to slip, but once you're used to it, you shouldn't make many mistakes." Ethan explained, gently taking Mark's hand again.

Mark nodded and stood, wobbling a bit.

"Rented skates are always shit. Don't trust them to be comfortable. They're tight right? They need to or your feet will absolutely destroy you."

"I think so?"

"Let me check."

Ethan leaned down and made sure Mark's skates were strapped up tightly before standing up and taking Mark's hand in his own. They hobbled over to the ice, Ethan teaching Mark how to comfortably walk without tripping. They got to the edge and paused.

"Hang onto the wall." Ethan advised showing his boyfriend how to slide onto the ice slowly. Once he himself was on the ice he again resisted the urge to perform tricks. He watched as Mark gained his balance, holding himself up on the wall. He took small steps and then slipped, pulling himself back upright.

"This is hard." Mark whined.

"Of course it is." Ethan teased. "Here." He started skating slowly, gesturing for Mark to watch as his feet moved smoothly across, his movements balanced and ready. "Just keep your balance, stay upright but lean forward just a touch and do not lean back."

Mark nodded and pushed himself onto the ice wobbling slightly before he tried to follow what Ethan had showed him. He regretted his decision to do this but now he had not choice did he?

"Just push twice and then glide. You'll get there." Ethan smiled watching as Mark slipped a little and tried to regain balance. He quickly skated over and helped him steady himself. "Hold yourself like this, love, it'll help you stay standing." Ethan pointed to his feet. Both were crossed a little bit. He helped Mark get himself into a better position.

"I don't know if I can do this..." Mark mumbled sadly.

"Of course you can! It just takes a bit of practice!" Ethan exclaimed, taking Mark's hands in his own. "I'll hold your hands to help you stay balanced and focused. Just follow me slowly." He offered out his hands that Mark took nervously. Ethan started moving slowly backwards as Mark began to gain his balance and start moving a little better, his steps becoming slides instead. Ethan smiled gently, careful to not move too fast for his boyfriend. They smiled at each their as they moved along the ice, the dim lights making it easier to just focus on each other. Ethan slowed to a stop, holding Mark in place and leaned in for a gentle kiss. They pulled away and stared into each other's eyes for a few moments, holding onto each other tight as they stood on the ice, the cold air sending gentle shivers down their spines.

The two blushed as they kissed again.

"Hey... I love you Mark... I love you so fucking much." Ethan whispered. "Promise me that you won't leave... promise me you'll stay on this earth even if our relationship goes to shit. You're worth so much and I can't bear to see you leave... so stay... stay with me."

"I don't want to leave... I don't ever want to think like that again but, gods I'm so scared of living Ethan."

Ethan pulled Mark into a tight hug, sliding across the ice ever so slightly to get closer. "I'm right here... I'm right here and I'm never letting you go. Please tell me if anything gets to you... if anything is hurting you. If you're starving or hurting yourself, if things are too much to handle. Tell me... tell me please so I can get to you and help you through it."

Mark nodded, burying his face into Ethan's shoulder. "I can't do it when you're around." He let out a light chuckle. "You're laying on me and trapping me on the bed."

"You're so cute." Ethan giggled.

Mark sighed and paused for a moment. "I... I hurt myself the other day. When you weren't at my house things got too much. It's healed now... but I'm not proud of it. I really don't want to do it again but it's so hard not to."

"I'm proud of you, Mark... you're already a few days clean and even if you fall back again you have the chance to come back stronger." Ethan smiled softly.

Mark took Ethan's hands in his own and pulled them to his lips, kissing them and then his wrists. "And the same goes for you."

They stayed in each other's embrace for a while before Ethan finally offered to start moving again. Mark was slowly becoming better at skating and Ethan was ready to let him skate on his own.

"I'm gonna let go of your hands now." Ethan nodded.

"Waitwaitwait." Mark yelped.

Ethan just giggled like a tease and let go of Mark's hands. Mark was quite surprised to find out that he could skate on his own and grinned like a little boy as he slid across the ice. He slipped up but managed to catch himself and his pace slowed down as his confidence expired.

"Keep going, love." Ethan called, grinning as he watched Mark make his way around the ice on his own.

He turned as he heard his phone ringing and sighed. "I'll be right back, Mark. Someone's calling my phone!"

"Okay!" Mark yelled back, his voice echoing around the rink.

Ethan moves off the ice, quickly and went towards his phone, picking it up without looking at the name and putting it to his ear.

"Hey." He said.

"Ethan... your mum's in hospital. It's alcohol poisoning." His step-dad said,

Cute, sad, cute and fear. This is how I do things bitches. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I love y'all and peace out!