Chapter 9

Ethan slipped his skates on and skated onto the ice. He did a few figure eights before turning swiftly so he was gliding backwards. He did some crossovers, sweeping around the ice smoothly and lifting his foot to repeat the motion.

The air was chilly, almost freezing because no one else was on the rink so he quickly glided over to the railing and then opened his backpack to get his speaker. He had it, thank god. It was a pain in the ass to be focused when you were cold so having music let him feel what he was doing and focus on the tricks.

Ethan put on I'll Be Good to warm up as it was a slower paced song. He skated back into the ice and went around the rink, picking his speed up so he could get into a spiral. He, placed his hands by his sides, leaned forward, picking up one of his legs and kept his head up, gliding across the ice. He dropped his foot back down and tried a toe loop like how Andy had demonstrated the other day. He landed well, a small slip up no doubt but he landed and managed to spin back to do some crossovers again.

Ethan felt the lyrics as he danced on the ice. The wind hit his face gently as he skated. The song soft and soothing, making him feel better if he messed up. The ice below him felt freshly smoothed out and was amazing to skate on.

He closed his eyes and allowed himself to finish the song.

I'll be good
I'll be good
And I'll love the world like I should

And with some extended Oh's, the music faded as Ethan made his way back to his speaker. He took a short break to sit and change the song to a Sky Full of Stars. A little bit faster paced than the last song.

Once again he skated onto the ice, starting with a spiral. His mind set on finishing at close.

Time Skip

Shelby: Oi Ethan. How was skating today?

Ethan: Amazing. I managed to land a Toe Loop and I'm getting so much better! Ahhhhh it felt so good! I'm so fucking tired though. Can't wait to do it tomorrow with you.

Shelby: can't wait to see you ice dance for me and Chelsey

Ethan blushed slightly

Ethan: shut upppp

Shelby: nah. Anyway I've gtg. C ya.

Ethan: byeee

"ETHAN!" His mother called angrily.

He jumped off his bed and scrambled down the stairs but not before hiding his skates just in case.

Once downstairs Ethan's mom grabbed him by the shirt and threw him towards the sink.

"What did I tell you about doing the dishes?" She snarled towering over him.

"To do them." Ethan replied.

"That's right. And did you follow that simple fucking instruction?"

He looked over noticing a few lone plates sitting in the sink. He forgot to check after he got home from skating...

"N-no."

SMACK!

Ethan clutched the side of his face and glared at his mother.

"Now fucking do them!" She screamed.

Where's Cameron? Is he getting take out? Fuck... I should have locked myself in my room. I can't handle this shit right now. Ethan thought as he rushed over to the sink. He quickly scrubbed down the plates as Chara glared down at him. Thought you were getting therapy for this bullshit mom. Fuck you if you're gonna ignore it. He quickly finished off drying the plates and put them back. He went to rush back into his room but was pulled down to the floor by his blue hair.

Ethan felt fists hitting him. He winced as each punch hit their target.

Fuck fuck FUCK! He yelled in his head. Before another punch landed he rolled out of the way and jumped up, pushing Chara away with an angry yell. She ended up flying into the bench, her back hitting it.

"IF CAMERON EVER FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS SHIT, HE'D LEAVE YOU! HE'D HATE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! I FUCKING HATE YOU! YOU'VE DONE THIS MY ENTIRE LIFE AND I FUCKING HATE YOU! HE'D TAKE ME AWAY AND YOU'D NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN! CAMERON WOULD CALL THE POLICE YOU ABUSIVE DUMBASS OF A HUMAN!" With tears in his eyes and his anger extinguished, Ethan ran up the stairs and into his room, locking the door firmly behind him and placing his deck chair just in case. He picked up his phone and texted Mark.

Ethan: Mark... can you pick me up?

Sorry for the short ass chapter... I've been writing a lot more lately and I have had a lot more inspiration for this book. It might have longer waits for chapters again but I had a massive boom of inspiration.