Chapter 10

Mark wrapped his arms around Ethan as he cried. There was one thing he knew, Ethan's mother was a piece of garbage.

Ethan: Mark... can you come pick me up?

Mark: of course Bean, I'll get Cirato pick you up.

Previously, Mark was sitting in his room alone, nothing to really do except wait for the next day to come. He wanted to talk to Ethan... but Ethan said that he'd be at the rink until close and Mark had no idea when it closed.

Ethan: Thank you so fucking much...

"CIRA! CAN WE PICK ETHAN UP?" Mark yelled down the hall.

"WHY? DOESN'T ETHAN HAVE SCHOOL?" His foster mom called.

Mark: Cira asks why?

Ethan: pic_sent

Mark gasped at what he saw. The bruise was fresh and angry looking, covering his cheek like a cloth. His jaw clenched in anger. He ran down the hall shoving the phone in his foster mom's face.

"We need to go now." Mark stated.

Cira nodded staring at the photo in shock. "Get a cloth and wet it for him when he gets in the car."

"Alright." Mark agreed pulling a fresh cloth from under the sink and soaking it. Cira passed him a sandwich bag which he placed the soaking material in.

"Can you get his address?"

Mark: We're coming Eth, what's your address.

With a quick reply and the address sent Mark looked up at his foster mom.

"Let's go."

They drove quickly, not over the speed limit but avoiding traffic. The road was icy and slippery. Once on the street that Ethan lived Mark looked for the number and pointed quickly. It was an alright looking house. Small, but nice.

Mark: We're here, do you have your stuff?

Ethan: Yes But I can't go downstairs. My room is the window to the left.

Mark spotted Ethan waving frantically, looking distressed. He stared at the window and then looked below. There was a small roof low enough to fall from without breaking anything. Mark got out of the car with a nod to Cira who look angry. She looked as though she wanted to punch the person who did that to Ethan. He stepped onto the snowy lawn.

Mark: can you use those gymnastic skills and drop the roof below your window?

Ethan: good idea... I hope I land right.

The window opened and Mark looked on as Ethan dropped his skates and then himself, backpack resting on his shoulders. He picked up his skates and then ran towards Mark.

"Get in the car... you're safe now." He whispered.

Ethan nodded and jumped in, Mark following swiftly behind. He slammed the door behind him and soon they were on the road. Cira made small talk as they drove. Ethan was tense and clutching Mark's hand like it was his life force. He was shivering slightly. He looked like he wanted to burst into tears.

Mark pulled him closer. "You're okay..." He cooed.

Ethan snuggled closer, closing his eyes. A few tears dripped down but he quickly nuzzled himself into Mark's shirt. "Oh god's, Mark... that- no that was-" Ethan started sobbing into him, clinging onto him.