Chapter 5

GLIMMER

So turns out lying about Marvel wasn't such a good idea. Marvel told Gloss on me and I got in a lot of trouble. Gloss told Brutus and Finnick what happened, and now Marvel is sadly back in the career pack. Cato, Clove, and Maria are also not very happy with me at the moment.
Today is the second day of training, and I did so good yesterday. I hit the target 5 times! Anyway, I'm still SUPER mad at Marvel for calling me a rat yesterday, but I'm still waiting for my revenge. Trust me, he won't see it coming.
When training starts, I convince Maria to shoot bows with me for a bit.
"But Finnick told me just to work on throwing spears and hand to hand combat!" She said.
"You need to learn to shoot a bow though. Trust me, it's easy." I reply.
"Just for 15 minutes." Maria adds.
"Fine." I reply. We shoot for awhile before she leaves to go throw spears with Marvel. I throw up in my mouth when I see his ugly face. I look over at the hand to hand combat station to see something that made me mad. Cato was showing Clove some moves, and she would start laughing after he slashes the dummy over and over. I liked Clove before, but know I'm not sure. She better back away from my man!
When lunch time came around, all the careers sat by each other. Marvel awkwardly sat stood out from the rest of the group. He tried to join in on the conversation, but he obviously had no idea of what he was talking about.
     When training ended, I headed back to our floor, which is where I am currently at. I decided that I would find something fun to do the rest of the day, so I asked if I could go up to Maria's floor to talk "strategy". Cashmere said it was okay, so I went into the elevator which took 2 seconds to get to her floor. But I wasn't there to talk strategy with Maria. I was there for the 12 year old boy. When the doors opened, Maria greets me, and then I walk over to the boy. I was gonna bully him.
     "Hey ugly kid! Ever thought about getting a haircut?" I shout. His head lowers.
     "I'm so glad you're coming to the arena. Wanna know why?" I ask.
     "Why?" He mumbles.
     "Because I'm gonna make your ugly self suffer!" I reply. His lip trembles, then he runs into his bedroom.
     "Don't you think that was a little harsh?" Maria asked.
     "Not really." I replied.
     "So... are you ready for the private sessions tomorrow?" She asks.
     "Yup! No worries!" I answer.
     "I'm feeling a little nervous" says Maria.
     "Don't worry. If you don't choke, you will get a good score." I reply.
     "Ok. You better head back to your room to get some sleep now Glimmer." She says.

***
     When the individual training sessions begin, Marvel goes in first. I gag as he walks pass me and he gives me an evil glare. I glare back as he enters. About 10 minutes later, my name is called. I walk in and look directly at the gamemakers.
     "Glimmer Carnwell, district one." I say. They nod, and all eyes are on me. I walk over to the archery station, and pick up the shiny bow. I decided that I would shoot 3 arrows. I grab the first arrow from my quiver, and load it into the bow. I pull the string back, aim, and release. The arrow finds its way an inch from the center. I smile as I pick up the next arrow. I shoot it, and it lands about two inches from the center. I was doing great! When I shoot the third arrow, it digs itself half an inch from the center. This was the best I had ever shot in my entire life!
I put the bow back, and walk over to the knives. I pick one up, and start stabbing all the dummies.
"Thank you Glimmer. You may leave now." Seneca Crane, the head Gamemaker, says. I smile as I leave. I did so freaking amazing! It was unbelievable!
When I push open the door, I find Cashmere and tell her how well I did. She congratulated me, and told me how I am her all time favorite tribute she had mentored.
As I passed by Marvel, I stick my tongue out at him, and he rolls his ugly eyes. I smirk as I get in the elevator. Today was a good day to be me.