Chapter 19

GLIMMER

     I run and give Cashmere the biggest hug.
     "I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you Glimmer!" She cries.
     "I missed you!" I reply. She giggles. Gloss just rolls his eyes and walks over to us.
     "Enough chit chat. We need to get her ready for tonight." He says.
     "What's tonight?" I ask.
     "The recap, silly! You watch clips from the games for 3 hours, and then you get crowned victor!" Cashmere answers. "Let's get you to Tango to get ready!"
     Cashmere grabs my arm and takes me through a hallway.
     "Why is Gloss so crabby?" I ask.
     "He's just salty because he really likes Marvel and wanted him to win. I'm glad you were the one to kill him though." She answers.
     I smile. Cashmere opens a door, and I see my stylist.
     "Glimmer, darling!" He cheers. Tango runs over and hugs me. "You're so amazing!"
     "I know!" I respond
     "I'll leave you two alone." Cashmere says, then she skips out of the room.
     "So, what will I be wearing tonight?" I ask.
     "I picked out a silver gown for you tonight." He answers. I frown. I would much rather have pink. "I know it's not the color you want, but I have something special in mind for your interview tomorrow."
     "Ok." I reply.
     He begins prepping me, then fits the dress. It feels really nice on me. Then he proceeds with my makeup and hair. When he's done, I look in the mirror.
     "Wow!" I love it!" I answer. "I just wish there was pink!" Tango chuckles.
     "Just wait. I'll have the most fabulous outfit ever for your final interview tomorrow." He replies. Then the door opens. A tall capital woman with purple hair walks in.
     "Is Glimmer ready?" She asks. Tango looks at me.
     "Yes I am." I answer.
     "Good. Come with me." She says. I follow her out the door. She leads me through a hallway, soon I hear shouts and cheers from above me.
     "Where are we?" I ask. She smiles.
     "We're below the stage." She replies. We keep walking until I see a little tube that reminded me of the tube I got into when the games started. It opens up for me to get in.
     "Have fun Glimmer. Remember this is your night!" She says. I step into the tube and smile. I can hear voices from above. Then I hear Caesar.
     "Let's give a warm round of applause to Glimmer's mentors Cashmere and Gloss!" He says. Then the crowd begins cheering. Then the crowd settles down.
     "And now for the moment you've all been waiting for. This year's Hunger Games Victor..." He begins. The crowd goes wild. "Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Glimmer Carnwell!" Caesar shouts. The platform below me begins rising. The crowd is screaming, shouting my name, and whooping. This is the moment I have been waiting for.
     Once I am on the stage, I can see thousands of people. Caesar smiles at me, and leads me over to a chair.
     "Glimmer, Glimmer. Congrats on your win! Tell us how you feel." He asks.
     "Well I feel very grateful for the capital for giving me this amazing opportunity. I also feel like a true winner." I reply.
     "I'm glad." Caesar says. "How about we watch some clips from the games and ask some questions!"
     The large screen to my left lights up, and begins playing the capital anthem. Then I see all 24 tributes lined up around the cornucopia. The gong sounds, and we are all running to the cornucopia. It shows myself grabbing a knife, and killing that fat girl from district 10. Then the scene skips to the boy from district 8 slamming me against a crate. I see him rip the knife from my hand and throw it at a nearby tribute. Then Caesar pauses the screen.
     "What was going through your mind as he was about to kill you?" Caesar asks.
     "I just thought it was the end. My dreams were never gonna come true." I reply. Caesar nods then turns the show back on. It shows Cato slicing the boy's head off.
     The next clip shows us taking Peeta, and then us finding the girl from 8. We see Clove rip the knife Cato was gonna give me from his hand and kill the girl. Then I see a clip of something I never knew about.
     Cato was arguing Clove about me. Then they're smiling and Clove pulls a ring out of her pocket. She slides it onto her finger, then leans on his shoulder.
After that it cuts to our conversation in the woods when Cato said he didn't want to continue our relationship.
"Glimmer how did you feel when Cato told you this?" Caesar asks.
"Furious. I thought he actually liked me, but I guess he was just sponsor thirsty and liked Clove better." I answer.
Then I see ugly Marvel point at Katniss in the water. We chase her through the forest, and then I see Cato and I try to unsuccessfully kill her. The next clip shows us throwing our lighters into the dead leaves. Then we all run. I still see Katniss. She climbs lower, and tries to jump over the flames before they can reach her. She ends up falling in and immediately sets on fire. I guess you could say she really was the girl on fire!
Then I see the flood putting the fire out, then Marina being carried into the void. Next it shows Cato throwing Peeta into the water.
After that, I see Cato kill the boy from 10. Then Marvel leaves the alliance.
     "Why do you think Marvel decided to leave?" Caesar asks.
     "Because I'm so amazing he couldn't stand it!" I reply. Caesar chuckles.
     Then the feast is shown. Cato gets the rocket launcher, and Clove kills that little girl from district 12. The guy from 11 yells "NOAH", and the kid from 3 runs out with the machine gun and shoots Clove.
     Cato kneels beside Clove and says stuff to her and then she dies.
     Next shows Cato blowing up the guys from 11 and 3. The guy from 11 survives, so Cato stabs him.
     I begin crying at the next part. The part where Cato talks about Clove, then kills himself.
     "Cato really did love her." Caesar says. I glare at him, then focus back on the screen.
     I see myself fight with that girl from district 5, and I kill her with Cato's sword.
     Lastly shows me climb onto the cornucopia, and Marvel gets chased by the puppies. Then we fight, and Marvel goes over the edge and the puppies eat him. Finally I drop my bow and it kills him.
     At last, the anthem ends and the screen goes black.