Chapter 13

GLIMMER

"What's that?" Clove asks.
"None of your business you boyfriend stealer!" I yell.
"I was never your boyfriend!" Cato shouts.
"Yeah you idiot!" Marvel replies.
"I can't stand this anymore! I need a break."I reply. Then I run off into the forest. I rip open my parachute, and find a small bottle. Poison. I pull out a dinner roll from my pocket, and submerge it in poison. Then I walk back.
I pretend to wipe tears as I reach the cornucopia.
"I'm sorry." I lie.
"You're sorry? That's hard to believe." Marvel hisses.
"I truly am! That's why I'm giving you my sponsor gift." I reply. Then I pull out the dinner roll and hand it to him. He takes it and looks at it.
"I guess I forgive you... NOT!" He yells. Then he chucks the dinner roll.
"You snake!" I hiss.
"Guys! Stop. We're still an alliance so we need to get a long!" Clove shouts.
     "I say we go tribute hunting. Maybe for the boy from 3. He looked pretty weak." Cato says.
     "Ok. I guess we should go." Marvel replies.
     "Fine." I mumble.
     For the next hour, we walk through the forest, hands occupied with weapons. After a while, we hear uneven footsteps hobbling through the forest. Then I remember a boy being reaped from district 10 with a messed up leg.
     "This one's mine." Cato says. We all nod at him.
     The fear on the boy's face as Cato lunges at him is hilarious. Cato pins him down. The boy tries to reach for his sword, but he can't reach it. Cato pulls his sword from his belt. The boy from 10 closes his eyes.
     "There can only be one winner..." Cato begins. The boy gulps. "And it's not gonna be you"
     Then Cato brings the sword down hard into the boy's chest.
     His scream fills the forest, then his cannon fires.
     We take his stuff, and head back to our base by the cornucopia. Once we get there, we all realize something is wrong. Most of our stuff we safely stored in the cornucopia is gone. Then I look over to see it all was dumped into the lake.
     "Umm, guys?" I begin. I point over to the lake.
     "Shit!" Cato hisses.
     "Whoever did this really doesn't like us." Marvel says.
     "Well no duh!" I shout. His face turns bright red.
     "Bitch!" He shouts. Then he slaps me in the face, so I kick him in the bad spot.
     "Stop it!" Clove yells. "This isn't helping!"
     "No. I won't stop. It's either me or her. I'm not staying if Glimmer is here!" Marvel yells.
     "We're not kicking anybody out of the alliance!" Cato says.
     "Well then I'm out. Good luck Cato and Clove. Glimmer can go to hell." Marvel replies. Then he begins running off into the forest. I am so angry that I pick up my bow and load an arrow.
     "Glimmer, don't..." Clove begins. I shoot anyway. The arrow finds its way into his left arm. Marvel rips it out. He takes a knife from his bag and throws it at me. It barley cuts my shoulder. I wince and I wipe the blood with my hand. Marvel sucks at knife throwing.
     "FUCK OFF!" He screams. I flip him off. Then he's gone.
     "ATTENTION TRIBUTES!" A random voice booms. "I RELIZE A LOT OF COMMOTION HAS BEEN GOING ON LATELY, SO I'D LIKE TO INVITE YOU ALL TO A FEAST TOMORROW MORNING. BUT THIS IS NO ORDINARY FEAST, THERE WILL BE SOMETHING THAT WE HAVE NEVER LET THE TRIBUTES USE BEFORE, SO PLEASE CONSIDER COMING, FOR SOME, THIS COULD BE YOUR LAST CHANCE."
     "We have to go!" Cato says.
     "What do you think the thing is?" I ask.
     "I don't know." Clove answers. "Whatever it is, we definitely need it."
     "Yeah." I reply

                                         ***

     It's the morning of the feast, and Cato, Clove, and I are waiting behind some bushes. We all agreed that Cato would go for the thing, and we would kill anyone who went after him since we both can kill from a distance.
     After what felt like a year, the ground opened up, and two glass tubes came to the surface. We all gasp once we see what was inside. The first one had a machine gun, but what was inside the second one scared me more. A rocket launcher.