Chapter 11

GLIMMER

     I wake up, and feel for Cato's arm which I fell asleep on last night, and to my surprise, it wasn't there. I turn to see everyone else awake roasting something over a fire.
     "Good morning Glimmer." Marina says.
     "Good morning." I reply. "What are you guys making?"
     "Breakfast wraps. We got a basket full of different foods last night from sponsors when Cato was taking watch." Marina answers.
     "I thought Clove was taking watch last night." I say. Nothing had better happened without me knowing last night.
     "I woke up and told Clove to go to sleep." Cato says. I look over at Clove and notice something shiny on her finger. A ring! And I know for a fact she wasn't wearing it yesterday. Hmm.
     After I eat breakfast, we decide to go hunting for tributes. Peeta struggles to get up again.
     "What's wrong with your leg?" Clove asks Peeta.
     "I twisted my ankle while running away from the cornucopia." He answers.
     "Here, try these." She says while handing him bandages and pain killers. Then she walks off, and comes back a minute later with a large stick.
     "Use this as a crutch."
     "Thanks." Peeta says. I look over at Cato to see him giving Peeta a death glare. What was that all about?
     As we walk through the forest, Peeta is in the back with Marvel and Marina, while Cato, Clove, and I walk in the front.
     "Why are you being so nice to him?" Cato asks.
     "Who?" Clove responds.
     "Lover boy!" Cato answers. Cato nicknamed Peeta "lover boy" because of his interview when he confessed his feelings for Katniss.
     "He's part of our alliance, and we don't want him hurt if we're trying to find her." Clove replies.
     "Well he's not doing his job very well." Cato says. "Hey lover boy! Are you sure she went this way?"
     "Yeah, I saw one of her snares back there." He answers.
     "Well time is ticking, you only have 4 days left." Cato adds.
     I look down at that ring on Clove's finger.
     "Hey Clove, where did that ring come from? I know you didn't have it on yesterday." I ask. Her face turns red.
     "Umm, well..." She begins.
     "She got it from me." Cato says. My mouth drops open. I thought he liked me!
     "We have to stop this fake thing, Glimmer. I'm with Clove. I've always been with Clove. What I have with her is different than what I have with you. It's... real. We've been together for about a year now. The ring is my promise to her that in the end, no matter what happens, we will be together." Cato says.
     "Aww that's cute!" Marina says.
     "No... no it's not! I thought you actually liked me! I cannot believe you!" I yell. Then I storm back off to Peeta.
     "You're my only friend in this alliance now." I say.
     "What about me?" Marina says.
     "You called THAT cute!" I yell.
     "Well yeah but that doesn't mean we aren't friends anymore." She replies.
     "Whatever." I hiss.
     "Uhh guys..." Marvel begins.
     "What do you want?" I spit
     "We have a problem." He adds. Then he points into the distance. Fire! And it was moving towards us.
     "RUN!"