Truth

—

"What happened to 'I'll handle it' when we were talking about you meeting them before?"

"That's easy, I was being a guy! I was speaking before I thought about it."

"Well be a man now and go back out there!"

"Really? The be a man card. I'll show you a man when we get to your bedroom."

"Jason. I'm not joking."

"Elizabeth. I am leaving."

"You are not!"

"Yes, I am."

"Jason Matthew Morris if you do not get back out there right now I will never speak to you again."

We were currently whisper-yelling at each other over the fact of Jason meeting my parents.

Well, he was actually in the process of meeting them when he volunteered to help me get everyone drinks and decided he didn't want to go back out.

It's not like my parents had even started grilling him yet though. We had just explained the bare minimum on how we met; Jason raced Eric and won blah blah blah, then asked me on a date. Then he explained to them how he came out here after his mom died to live with his dad. When my father asked whose his was, that's when I decided to get some drinks and Jason tagged along.

"How am I supposed to answer that question then?"

I huffed and continued to pour water into the four cups with ice that were on the counter. I believe we have been in here for three minutes already and if we made it five, my dad would definitely come see what we were up to.

"Tell them the truth. They won't automatically assume you're in the Club."

He rested his back against the counter I was facing and leaned his head back. "Ugh. I want them to like me Ellie. To 'approve'."

I put the water pitcher down and turned towards him, making him turn his face towards mine.

"They will approve Jace, you just have to be yourself. I'm not dating Lucifer's Angels, or the stereotypical big bad biker guy. I'm dating you."

He sighed and reached for two of the glasses, nodding his head. "Okay, lets do this."

I smiled and picked up the other two, heading back to the living room.

"Here you go sir, ma'am." Jason placed the two glasses in front of my parents on the center table between our two couches.

My parents were interlocked with one another, with my mom's legs spread over my dad's and her arms around his neck while my father's hands were on her thighs.

Don't they look comfortable.

"Where were we Jason? Ahh, that's right. Your father."

I sat on the parallel couch with Jason, taking hold of his hand and looking up at him. He gave me a tight squeeze before continuing.