The Last Race

-

-

"He basically told me that I was his whole world and that if I didn't take him back he would explode...or something like that."

I transferred my phone to the other ear, laughing at Michie's play-by-play of what Eric told her when he attempted to get back together with him.

I was running my hands through Jason's hair while he laid on my chest and played some game on his phone. We were supposed to be going over what we'd be telling my parents and friend about our engagement but I think he took a break from thinking when Mich called me.

"I hope you still gave him hell."

"Oh please, you know I did! I told him I needed to think about it and would tell him my answer at the race tonight."

I smiled, smoothing Jace's hair down. "I'm happy for you both. And I forgot the race was tonight. I'm glad I'll be able to see the reunion first-hand."

"Oh yes! Make sure you record the whole thing!"

"Got it."

"Okay, I love you! See you later!"

"Bye love bug."

I hung up the phone and placed it onto my desk. Sliding both of my hands down Jason's chest I sighed and pulled my hands back up, tossing my head back.

Jason mimicked my sigh and I laughed. "What? You're not helping!"

"Baby, we'll just tell them straight-up. I don't think there's any fancy way we can say it that wouldn't entice them to question if we're too young or if we're making the right decision...blah, blah, blah."

He sat up and turned towards me, flipping us over so I was straddling him and he was staring up at me. "Still, we should find a better way of telling them rather than a 'hey, by the way, we're engaged'."

I heard my bedroom door open and my mom walked in, carrying in some sandwiches and waters. I moved my left leg off of Jace and sat facing my door, not necessarily needing my mother to see us in that position. "Thanks momma."

"No problem sweetie."

"Yeah, thank you Mrs. Collins."

"Anytime Jason. I'm glad to see you around again." She winked at us after placing the tray on the edge of my bed and exiting my room, leaving a crack in the door.

Jason looked at me and wiggles his eyebrows. Laughing while he tackled me, I couldn't help but wonder if this was going to be this way forever.

"Do you think we'll remember these moments when we're watching our grandchildren play on our front yard?"

Jason let me get atop him yet again and raised an eyebrow. "Who said we're even having children? I want you all to myself."

"I'm sorry? We're definitely having children."