Dead & Gone

-

-

"No, I'm taking that with me; so that goes in the going box." I pointed towards the empty box on the ground of my floor. My room was getting emptier and emptier, and I could barely handle it.

"Elizabeth, you have almost 3 boxes of stuff that's 'going' and that doesn't even count kitchen, bedding, or bathroom items." My mother pointed out, and I sighed.

"I know, but I want to keep it all." I looked around my room and plopped down on my the front of my bed, accidentally making a picture fall.

My mother placed her hair out of her face and behind her ear, taking a seat next to me. "Honey, you will still have it all. It'll just be a bit further away."

I nodded and my mom leaned over to pick up the picture and placed it in my hands. "Just because you leave, doesn't mean your memories will too. You don't have to keep everything to remember what you had here."

She pressed her lips on my forehead and left my room. Leaving me with filled boxes and hollow walls. I wanted to grab my whole house with everyone I loved within it and take it with me to Seattle, but that couldn't be done...unless I could find a fairy godmother in 24 hours.

I heard my door creek open and I looked up from the photo and into the eyes of the man I loved.

"Hey baby, your mom let me in."

I placed the photo face down on the bed and moved over to hug him. In less than a day, I'd have to say goodbye to moments like these. The moments where we could surprise one another by showing up at their house, or where we could go on dates in the middle of the day. Moments with him.

He was looking as handsome as ever, with his dark hair whiffed perfectly above his head and his eyes challenging the sun with orbs of light to be jealous of. He was wearing his same attire; light blue jeans, white shirt with pairing white shoes, and his black leather jacket. A chain linked from a belt loop to his wallet that peeked from his pocket.

Best of all, he brought food.

"Hey Jace. Sorry about the mess." I motioned to the general area and took the bag of food out of his hands, taking it with me as I sat cross-cross on my bed. He followed suit, looking around a bit longer than needed.

"You could always put it all back and stay." He halfway joked, sitting across from me in the chair he moved from what used to be my desk.

"No I really couldn't." I laughed back, taking out two tacos and a quesadilla, then handing the bag back over to him. "No sour cream right?"

"No sour cream."

"How are things at the club? Are we still on to tell them all tonight?"