Backstory Required

-

-

If there was one thing you need to remember about Michie, it's that she's my best friend.

If there was another thing you needed to remember, it's that Eric and Michie are dating.

If there was anything you needed to worry about regarding this trouple, it's that even though I loved Michie more than anything, I could never truly have her back if something happened between her and Eric.

However, as much as I loved my brother, I still loved Michie.

It all happened three years ago, the first time I met Michie...

"Elizabeth, your brother is bringing home his first girlfriend. The least you could do is try to make it seem as though you're happy for him."

I rolled my eyes at my mother and watched as she stressfully set our dining room table.

"I am happy for him, but what do we really know about this girl? Didn't he meet her at a race? Meaning, she was hoping to snag some biker boy and his earnings."

My mom looked up and raised an eye at some, shaking her head as she head back into the kitchen. Following her closely behind, I sat at the island in the middle and crossed my arms.

She had forced us all to wear far-too-formal attire and had stuck me in a short blue sparkly dress that hugged my figure, but didn't allow me to breathe. As for herself, she was standing gorgeous in a red cocktail dress, and makeup that could've been done by a professional themself. Even her hair was perfectly curled, while mine was just thrown into a regular ponytail.

"You are too pessimistic to be someone I raised."

"And you are too optimistic to be someone I raised." I fired back, making my mother laugh.

"Look sweetie, I know you and Eric are close, and the last thing I want to see happen is you two end up losing that because of any outside party. But you do have to give her a chance. It's not fair for you to immediately judge her. You know that."

I sighed and slammed my head on the palm of my hand. "Ugh. I know. I'm just eager to see how this is going to go."

My mom began taste-testing the food that was on the stove, she had made chili after hearing from Eric that that was this girl's favorite food. My mom had spent a whole day trying to find the perfect recipe and she had just finished cooking it minutes before Eric's new girlfriend had arrived.

"You already know he's probably warned her about us." She joked and I nodded.

"You're probably not wrong."

"Elizabeth, come over and taste this for me."

I stood, walking over and tasting my mother's chili. Scrunching up my face to pretend that I hate it, I got a scared reaction out of her.