16; I Am Deeply Obsessed With Us Right Now

ONE MONTH HAD GONE BY; Maeve had proved to be the fastest learner anyone had ever seen. She became far too busy with training to provide any more meals for anyone which sucked a lot. The Guardians' ship had mysteriously still been down with the battery and no one knew why. Maeve didn't even have time to hang out with anyone anymore. Bucky hadn't seen her much in the past few weeks. Whenever he had a nightmare and was going to her room to sleep with her, she wasn't there. She ate microwave mac-n-cheese for lunch, she stayed in either her lab or the training room. 

Although she had unnecessarily overworked herself, it did pay off quite a lot. Maeve was happy with her newfound 'powers.' Thanks to Scott, she could finally control her quantum energy to some extent. But she wanted to go further than that, she actually wanted to manifest her energy into blasts. In the lab, after everyone had fallen asleep, she would experiment on herself to find out why she even had any of these radio waves in her. She drew her own blood, gave herself an X-ray scan which exploded the scanning machine. Thankfully, she had TONY override FRIDAY's annoying CCTV system to that no one would know. 

"Maeve," said Sam. "You know, I feel like you're working too hard." 

He leaned on the doorway of her lab and worriedly watched his friend overwork herself. "Mm? I'm fine." She replied, disinterested in the conversation and scribbling down some notes. She was jotting down ideas for her next experiments. "The gang and I are going out clubbing? Wanda wants you to go shopping with her in a couple of hours to buy dresses if you're going that is."

Maeve held her breath silently and sighed, "I suppose I could use a break from all this." She proclaimed. Maeve leaned back in her leather chair and closed her eyes. 

"Well, I'll be in the training room if you need me, don't think about touching another piece of paper," said Sam, and with that, he slid the lab door closed and left. Maeve laughed to herself and started putting away her things. As she put away her things, she realized how little time she had been spending with Bucky, and how much time he had been spending with Shuri. But she shook away the thought that the two of them were actually a thing since Shuri's only 17. A little bit of jealousy entered her mind when she realized that 17 is only a year away to being 18. What a stupid thought, of course, Bucky didn't like teenage girls, because that's what they are, teenagers. 

After cleaning up her workshop, she locked it shut and made her way upstairs to find Wanda. She found Scott and Rocket watching a movie in the living space, Bruce in his lab, Bucky in the kitchen with Nebula and finally found Wanda in the huge library. "There you are!" Maeve greeted. "Oh, hello, Maeve," said Wanda. "Did Sam tell you about the clubbing tonight, and shopping?" She asked Maeve. Wanda squealed happily and clapped her hands together at the happy nod of Maeve. 

"Oh, nice! Then, we should go now, it's already 3 in the afternoon, Sam said we should be going at about 8? If we want to make it to the spa in time, we should be heading to the mall in about 30 minutes!" 

The girls noticed Nebula, sitting on a couch in the living space, looking pretty bored. "Hey, Nebula?" called out Maeve. Nebula's head whipped to look at her. "Umm, are you going clubbing with all of us?" Wanda asked, firmly, unlike Maeve, who still thought Nebula was an angry space demon. "Yes, I am. Why?" Nebula replied, just as firmly as Wanda did. "Oh, great! Maeve and I are going to go shopping for party dresses at a big mall. If you haven't been there, you should come." said Wanda as she held out a hand for Nebula. Nebula silently thought for a second, before nodding slowly, "I don't wear dresses, but I supposed going out of this tower should do me some good." She answered, avoiding Wanda's hand. Wanda shrugged off the mildly rude gesture and wrapped her arm around Maeve as the two chatted about what kind of dresses to buy, with Nebula following close behind. 

They got to a huge megamall downtown, Maeve's eyes excitedly wandered around to find the best dress shop she could find. "You know, Wanda, with the amount of money you make with being an Avenger, you could definitely buy an ENTIRE designer store!" Maeve complimented. Maeve never really realized how free she felt, she was so cooped up in her lab that when she went outside, it was like breathing a totally different kind of air. "Hey, so what's with you and Barnes?" Wanda teased as the three of them browsed a random dress shop. Maeve flushed at the mention of Bucky. "N-nothing, I swear we're just friends." She said. Wanda didn't believe her because of the overwhelming evidence she had collected from observing the two. But she wasn't going to say anything just yet, she was going to wait it out until the party to see if she's really telling the truth. 

Nebula stayed in a corner and watched the two girls. "Nebula, aren't you looking for dresses? A lot of these look like they could really match you!" Wanda called out. Nebula grunted, " I don't know. I don't wear...dresses." She replied. Maeve scoffed and smiled, "Nonsense, you'll look great in a dress!nHere, try this black one. I think it'll look nice on you." Nebula grumpily grabbed the dress from Maeve and trudged into the dressing room. After a moment of the two girls waiting, she came out. "Oh, I think you should get that one," Wanda commented. The dress was short, but not too short. It complimented Nebula's body in all the right places and since it was black, it was favorable. "Hmm. I guess you're right, it does look nice." She replied a small smile etched onto her lips. 

"Told you so!"

-

Shortly after find Nebula's dress, Wanda found hers'. It was a red cocktail dress with a maroon, floral detailing. Then, Maeve found her dress, it was a white and baby purple dress and it complimented her long, black hair. It was off-shoulder, just how Maeve liked it. They were also all lacking makeup since moving to the Avengers tower. Nebula didn't know how to use makeup, so she decided to wander off somewhere else by herself and promised not to kill anyone while doing so. They got foundation, lip gloss, eyeshadow palettes, everything they thought they needed to look absolutely bomb.

It was about 5 PM when they got back to the Tower and Maeve decided to get ready immediately. She took a shower, curled her hair into big, bouncy waves and put on her dress. Then, Nebula and Wanda came to her room to do their makeup. Neither of them were really experienced in makeup so they asked Maeve to do it. 

After doing all the makeup, they stared at themselves in the mirror, each of them holding a triumphant and proud face as they admired the amount of effort they put into their looks. Men didn't realize how much work women put into looking this good. 

"I am deeply obsessed with us right now."