60; The Last Time

"THAT'S THE LAST OF EM." Maeve breathed. She was panting and sweating in her suit. It had been five hours of her absorbing everything she could. Her body couldn't take all that energy at once, so she had to fly far away from Earth's solar system to release it all.

She gasped for air in her suit, now realizing the effects the power really had on her body. "Are you okay?" Bucky asked from the intercom. "I'm fine." She replied breathlessly. Maeve was not fine, but she just didn't want to worry them.

Her glowing figure was nothing compared to the vast number of stars that littered her peripheral.
It was so all so hypnotic.

"Maeve? MAEVE!" She heard someone yell from the earpiece.

"What?" She asked, wincing at the loud volume of Sam's booming voice. Suddenly, she felt a wave of heat around her. It wasn't from her suit, it was from outside!

"I'm picking up a heat signature, it's inhuman!"

Maeve paled, she never thought that she would ever see her face again. Seraphina was back.

"Nice to see you again."

"You haven't learned your lesson, have you?" Maeve growled, her fists balling up. Then, they were surrounded by her surging energy. She was ready to pack a good punch.

"Seems like I haven't. You know, I'm surprised an Earther like you can actually withstand all this...power." Seraphina's patronizing voice taunted, she lit up a green flame on the tip of her finger.

"Turns out that you killing me only awakened my full potential. I've been searching from galaxy to galaxy, and I've finally found you." Seraphina snapped the flame out.

"I'd love to chat but I've got some work to do." Maeve interrupted, charging her palms and knocking Seraphina back. She only absorbed it, smiling at Maeve in the most terrifying way.

"Not on my watch." Was all she said as she charged at Maeve.

"Maeve?! What's going on?!" Bucky shouted from her earpiece. Before she could answer, she felt the wind get knocked out of her in a single swipe.

Maeve wheezed for air, before trying to speak with all her being.

"It's S-seraphina...She's...back." Was all she could make out before getting throat punched again. Before Seraphina could land a third one, she finally dodged and floated backwards.

"Holy shit- Send us the coordinates! Now!" Sam yelled, she could hear the dread in his voice. Maeve punched in the coordinated and allowed TONY to send it. She tried to move, but grimaced when she felt a sharp pain inside her chest.

"The knockback gave you three broken ribs and a puncture lung. If you take more hits like this your life functions will be critical." TONY informed her, her X-ray was displayed on screen.

She looked up at Seraphina charging at her, Maeve barely made it out. "Stop!" Maeve said, but as she expected, Seraphina did not stop.

Maeve had no choice, even if she was hurting, even if she could damage her suit, she blasted her rays onto Seraphina. Maeve was a tiny bit surprised it even made an effect. She could feel bruises forming around and near her chest.

Seraphina only rose higher and grabbed her into the air, flinging her across the vast space. Maeve collided with a stary asteroid, causing it to crumble into tiny pieces.

"Fuck." Maeve cursed, clutching her side tightly as she felt her suit getting soaked in blood. She looked at her red hand in horror.

"Aw...I forgot you aren't immortal. Not immortal like me!" Seraphina cackled. It was even possible for the two of them to be communicating in space, so their minds had melded together to speak. It was one of the many things Maeve didn't know she was capable of doing.