Couch Potatoes

He wouldn't let me leave that night. It's somewhat awkward once dinner ends, because it's hard to try and talk about something especially after I had such a breakdown ten minutes prior.

I get up to leave at one point, since I feel like my stay has been long enough. "I should get home," I squeak, heading toward the door. My voice still hurts from my fit from earlier.

Ryan leaps towards me, and I reel back in a flash of fear. He doesn't go for me, though; he runs to the door and locks it instead. "I'm not letting you go just yet," he replies in a serious yet mischievous tone. Maybe the mischievous part is just me. "You already almost died once tonight, I'm not letting you have another chance."

He grabs my arm and leads me back into the living room, much to my distain. Ryan's nice, but... I can't let him get in the way of my release. But... maybe one night with Ryan is okay...

So we sit and watch a movie, since there isn't much else to do other than talk. I can barely talk as it is, but I politely answer any question Ryan throws at me, from what the point of the movie was to why it was necessary to add a romance subplot if it wasn't going to go anywhere anyway. Good thing he never asks any serious questions. At one point, I stretch out on the couch, and lay my head down on Ryan's lap. Very comfy, actually. He doesn't mind, he just only snatches a glance before continuing to watch the movie.

Once the movie ends, I yawn, and sit up with a sigh. Some of my muscles are already asleep, and my eyes are not too far behind. We both get up, and I go to use the bathroom. When I get back, Ryan is making room on his couch, sitting a pillow and a blanket down in order to make it more comfortable.

"You know you're sleeping here tonight, right?" He asks.

I give him a very mellow nod. I know for sure that he won't let me leave the house, though I'm glad that I at least get to sleep on the couch. I sleepily make my way to the couch, and flop onto it like I used to at home. "Good night then," I say, pulling the blanket up to my face.

Ryan just stares at me with a blank face.

"What?" I ask, my ears folding down in a questioning manner.

He just laughs, and rubs the back of his head. "That's for me, actually," he says, and points to the couch that I'm currently residing on.

"W-what?"

"Hah, I was gonna let you sleep in my bed for the night," Ryan chuckles.

"Oh." My face turns a little red from embarrassment. "I thought..."

"I'm not gonna let you sleep on the couch!" Ryan scoots me off my spot and takes it. I'm left standing awkwardly in the middle of the room, not sure what to say. "I'll just take the couch tonight, and you can sleep in my room," he adds with a toothy grin.

"No, no," I squeak, my hands waving wildly. "You've already given me more than enough, I can't take away your bed too!"

"Pshh," Ryan waves a flippant hand. "Do you know how many times I've passed out on this couch? This thing is just as comfy, if not more, than my own bed." Ryan gets up and starts ushering me down the hallway as if to make a point.

Despite my protests, he drags me all the way to the end of the hallway, and pushes open the door in front of us. Inside is a modestly decorated room, littered with bits of clothes and furniture as well as a good bit of packaged boxes. The wolf quickly tosses some clothes off of the bed, which is situated in the middle of the room, and jumps onto it without a second thought. He strikes a stylish pose on said bed, and his voice even goes a teensy bit deeper as he says, "See? It's perfect for you!"

I let out a breathy laugh, and finally cave in. "Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and sleep here for the night." He rolls off the bed with a cheer, and I take off my shirt as I hop on the queen-sized bed. I think twice before taking off my pants, since Ryan is still here, so I leave them on. As I get comfy in his bed, and am pretty much ready to sleep, I notice that he's still standing in the doorway. "What?" I ask, my ears flopping to the side again.

He looks down for a moment, then meets my eyes. God, his eyes are bright. Ryan fiddles his thumbs a bit, as if he doesn't quite know what to say, but soon asks, "Are you... gonna be okay tonight?"

"Oh."

"Uh... yeah..." Ryan's face turns a little red, and he turns away before it gets worse.

Even though he can't see it, a small grin begins to come across my face. "I'll be fine tonight, don't worry." He turns back around, clear faced this time, and he gives me a grin. "Thank you, I..." I trail off, and he raises an eyebrow.

"What is it, pup?"

"I just..." It feels odd, I can't form any coherent sentence anymore. It takes what seems like forever to get any kind of intelligent word out of my mouth, but I say something along the lines of, "I've... never really had someone do all this for me before... thank you."

I stare right back into those giant blue eyes, and my face begins to heat up. Why do I feel so weird right now? Ryan doesn't seem to notice. He stands upright, instead of leaning on the doorframe, and gives one last goodbye before settling in for the night.

"If you need anything from me, just let me know."

"Hah, alrighty then."

And just like that, he flicks off the light, and walks back into his living room.