...And Ice Cream To Follow

That steak was the bomb, by the way.

But honestly, I can't even think about food at this point, I feel so stuffed. I don't know how Qwill went back for fourths, even after piling on food like he did. And then Ryan and I knocked ourselves out on the famous chocolate fountain that Golden Corral has, we dipped anything that was sweet in that fountain. And ate it whole.

How I'm not exploding right now is beyond me.

"I'm stuffed like a turkey on Thanksgiving," I moan as the five of us walk out to our cars. I'm pretty sure I'm waddling like a penguin, but what's a stuffed wolf to do?

"Oooh, Thanksgiving..." Qwill licks his lips, and everyone facepalms.

"Qwill, how is it literally possible to think about even more food when we just came out of a buffet place?" Kayla groans, glaring at the white fox with piercing amber eyes.

Ryan, thankfully, cuts through the conversation with a question. "So what do you guys feel like doing now? I know we were just out yesterday, but..."

"We need to have a part two to Mitchell's birthday," Sarah snickers.

"Oh dear God, please, and no."

"No, no, no! I'm serious!" Sarah stops in front of me, and half of me almost toppled over from inertia. "Like... wait!" She rummages through her purse like a madwoman, and mutters, "Where's my damn phone...?"

"Um..."

"What's today's date?" Sarah asks, and it almost makes me facepalm again.

"It's November the sixth," I mutter. "Yesterday was the fifth."

Sarah starts nodding, and she finally fishes her phone out of her bag. After a few brief moments of searching, she pulls up a webpage and shows it to us. "There's a festival thingy this afternoon, and there's gonna be all kinds of stuff there! Maybe we could head over there for a bit...?"

So, of course, we end up smack dab in the middle of downtown, surrounded by tents and trucks and an easy few hundred people.

Downtown is just as busy as you'd might expect, and it's even busier with the Autumnal. While the five of us are pushed around the hordes of furs, and the tents sporting numerous apparel and such, my worry and anxiety shoots up a little bit more.

"Do you think this was a good idea?" I ask Sarah, who's been leading the pack since the Golden Corral parking lot. I'm hanging onto her by this point, the people pushing by has already separated us from the rest of the group.

"I mean, yeah," Sarah says, finally stopping at one of the tents to examine a nice-looking necklace. "We didn't tell you this, but the rest of the guys are going to find some presents for you."

"Wh-what?" I ask as she hands over a few bills to the vendor. The tabby clips her newfound jewelry around her neck, sporting it proudly.

"I felt so bad about not even getting you anything yesterday, so that's kind of our goal today."

"I-I... I d-don't need any presents," I sputter miserably. We join the mass again, this time heading more towards the northern end of the festival. "Just hanging out is worth it enough..."

"Shush, we're all trying to outdo Ryan at this point."

I'm not sure how there's anything that could be better than what happened last night, but... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

"The other guys are picking out presents to get for you, I'm just keeping you from figuring out what they got you," Sarah playfully sticks out her tongue, and I grunt in annoyance. "Come on, grumpy wolfy, we've got seven blocks of sheer Autumnal to explore!"