Your Mouth Tastes Like Quac

"Alright, were here."

Ryan kicks me out of the car with an exuberance I haven't seen since this morning, and he locks it before I can get back in. We're standing in the driveway of a modest looking home on a cul-de-sac, with two other cars already there. It's almost dark out; Ryan said that game night started at seven.

It's a quarter past seven.

In the three hours that we had between coming home from Ryan's job and getting here, I watched a movie and helped Ryan pick out an outfit. He has a really bad taste in clothing, and I make the mental note that I have to take him shopping sometime.

So yeah, the lack of quality of Ryan's wardrobe is why we are fifteen minutes late.

Speaking of, he's wearing a bright blue shirt, the kind of blue that's almost a sea green color, and some black jeans.  For what it's worth, Ryan actually looks decent for a casual game night... even if I picked clothes that I thought looked good on him.

I also may have sneaked a peek at his ass when he was turned the other way... hehe. Those jeans make him look really hot.

I'm still wearing my own outfit from yesterday, because for some reason, I kind of like it. Yes, my stomach is a little exposed, but I like the feeling of a tight shirt on me. And maybe I like skinny jeans a tad much.

Apparently I like tight clothing now.

Anyway, Ryan and I walk up to the door, and he taps the doorbell with a finger. He rocks back and forth on the balls of his feet, passing idle time until someone comes to the door. It's quiet inside, and I start to wonder if no ones even home.

I go to voice my opinion, and Ryan shushes me. "They always do this," he says, and knocks on the door. And with the most pitchy singing voice I've heard since middle school choir, he belts out, "Veronica! Open the, open the door dear! Veronica, open the dooooor~!"

The front door immediately opens, slamming against the outside wall, and a widely grinning Sarah appears in front of us. "I didn't think you were coming!" She says, panting. "We've been waiting forever for your slow ass and..."

Her eyes move over to me, and the grin on her face gets even wider. "Hi," I say quietly, waving an awkward hand.

Sarah laughs, and she turns to Ryan again. "So this is who you've brought along?" Ryan nods, and she adds, "He's a funny one. And really cute, at that."

My face goes beet red, and Ryan's eyes go wide. "Stop it, Sarah! I already told you no!" My stomach goes a bit queasy at his words, but his embarrassment makes up for it. "How...? Do you two know each other, then?"

"Hahah, he was at the diner today, we had a good couple of laughs," she says.

"Yeah, Ryan dragged me to work today," I say my first words since arriving. "Annoying, but worth it."

Sarah then turns to me, and giggles, "Hehe, kids menu."

While Sarah is trying to breathe correctly, Ryan flattens his ears and mutters, "Can we just go inside now? I might just leave, I feel insulted."

Sarah scoffs, and waves us inside. "Come on, you crab." I take a mental picture of the inside of her house; it's modest, just like the outside, but it's actually well decorated for how drab it could end up looking. She takes us to the living room, where two other furs are waiting. There's an assortment of board games lying around on the carpet, and the two are just sprawled out, swimming in carpet goodness.