Thank You Not

My head throbs with pain as soon as my eyes open.

It takes me a few minutes to take in my surroundings, the only thing I can think about is how much my head hurts right now. I subconsciously put a hand to my forehead, and it's hot.

When the blinding headache subsides, I get to finally look around. I'm lying on the couch, on top of a very asleep Ryan. There's red solo cups scattered everywhere, and paper plates litter the floor. It's definitely morning, and I get the sense that I'm in the midst of the after party.

My head feels like it gets slammed by a train again, and I lay back down onto the couch with a groan.

Or rather, I lay back down on Ryan.

More like Ryan's face.

"Oi!" Ryan shouts, and he sits up suddenly. I fall off of him, landing with a thud on the floor.

"Ow..." I rub my head cautiously, the headache spiking momentarily.

"Oh! You're awake!" Ryan smiles, and he picks me up and sits me back on his lap. "I was worried that you were gonna be asleep for a while, to be honest."

"What do you mean?" I ask, cracking my neck to relieve some tension. I think for a moment, and slowly... the memories of last night come back. I put a paw to my face, and I flush red with embarrassment. "God... I got drunk... ugh..."

"Yeah," Ryan chuckles lightly, kissing the top of my head. "Just a little."

"Did I miss anything last night? Because I don't remember shit." I adjust my shirt so it's not exposing my stomach. God help me if Ryan went to tickle me.

"Um, nothing much," Ryan shifts so then I can lay down on top of him. God, I love his fluff. He pauses for a moment, though, and he dons a sneaky grin. "You did get sort of feisty, though."

"What... uh, explain."

He laughs quietly, as if it's such a big secret. "Well, for starters, you kept on trying to sing but it just came out more as a screech."

Oof. "Well that's not too bad... I guess..."

"You also started singing ABBA songs at some point. Also pitchy."

"I... hope you did not get that on video." I flatten my ears in embarrassment. God, how did I not remember this at all?

"I didn't." Ryan says in way too chipper a tone. "But Kayla did."

"Fuck."

"She said it'd be ammunition just in case."

"In case of what?" Ryan shrugs his shoulders, and we leave it at that. "Is there anything else I should know about before I die from embarrassment?" I prompt.

"Hmm..." Ryan's face goes a bit red, and bites his lip, as if he doesn't want to talk. "Nothing," he says, his voice cracking slightly.

I roll my eyes, and rest my chin on the dip in his chest. "Come on," I say borderline seductively, sort of like that line Catherine Zeta-Jones gave in Chicago. Except Ryan is nowhere near close to being Renee Zellweger, and I sure as hell can't do it alone. He can't sing, I've heard him try. It sounds like a dying bird. "You can say."

"Hehe, I mean, you did try to get into my pants during the night," he says with a smirk. It's a red-faced smirk, as if he's almost embarrassed to say it.

"Wh-what?!"

I almost fall off of Ryan's body out of shock. Holy fuck, I did that? How... drunk was I, then?

"What... how?"

Ryan chuckles, taking joy in watching me have a mini stress session. "It's fine, I don't think I really cared."