"Being a man..."

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"That's it, I'm doing it. I'm gonna do it."

Sally got up from the couch and walked towards the door to open it, but as her hand touched the door knob, she backed away and sat back on the couch. "Nope. Can't do it." She sighed.

She was currently debating if she should go to the market to give Paul a visit. He himself said she could go if she needed some company, but what if she seemed annoying? Sally groaned and stared at the door. Once again, she started to rise up from the couch and counted backwards from three.

She ran towards the door, opened it, got out, and closed it. She looked at the door and quickly locked. She turned around, shaking her head and started walking, hands in her skirt pockets.

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Joj, 'avin a beard doesn't make you a man-"

"Sure it does!" The younger boy protested. Paul rolled his eyes and went back to counting how many more boxes of cookies the store had left, and wrote it down on his notepad. "That's a load of rubbish. Being a man means you are strong and can take care of not only yourself, but others. Being a man is having biceps." Paul grinned and threw a wrapper of chocolate he had found between the boxes at George, who was sitting criss-crossed on the ground next to John who leaned his shoulder against the shelf.

"Being a man means you two should shut up." John mumbled as he started to make an airplane with the wrapper Paul had thrown at George. George opened his mouth to argue, but before he could say anything, the door opened and the three of them turned their heads upfront.

Walking in, was Sally, who looked around. She sighed when she didn't find Paul anywhere. Her eyes wandered to his box, but his number was turned off. Sally started to bite her red nails. "I knew it, I shouldn't have came." She turned around to leave, upset that cashier boy wasn't here, when someone called out;

"And where do you think you're going, girlie?"

Sally turned around, and was relieved when she saw Paul and his two friends striding towards her. She smiled at them and gave Paul a hug. "I thought you weren't here since your number wasn't on." She explained as she nodded to his box, pushing her glasses up. Paul looked at it. "Ah, well, today I am the stock boy, as you said." He grinned. Sally smiled back, and looked over his shoulder.

The older and younger boy were looking at Sally with raised eyebrows. "Where's our hug?" John pouted. Sally blushed and went to hug John, who squeezed her a little too hard, and then hugged George who wrapped his arms around her waist and rubbed his hand up and down her back. "What brings you here?" Paul asked her as he put his hands behind his back and swayed.

"Well-I-my mom-she left home. She went back to America 'cause my auntie is sick. Well-in other words-I'm alone." She rambled and mentally slapped herself across the face.

"Ahh so you came 'ere for company since your mum and friend are gone, eh?" John smirked. "Well-you could say that." Sally looked at the ground. That John guy is intimidating.

"That's all right! You can stay here with us until I'm done with this, and then we can go to town or somethin'." Paul smiled. Sally looked at him and nodded with a smile. "Yes, that'd be nice."