"I promise"

A/n: Which song by The Beatles remind you guys of Sally? I'm curious lol
-Richie
><><><><><><><><><><><>

As the days went by, it felt like the five kids got closer to each other.

After the fireworks, Sally went home. Her mom was obviously there, and she obviously was mad at Sally, and she obviously slapped Sally across the face.

"DON'T YOU EVER DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT!" Is what her mom had yelled at her.

"THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I LEFT!" Sally yelled at her back, running to her room and locking the door. She cried and cried, and still cried when she grabbed the phone and rolled the numbers.

"She hit me!"

"She what?! She can't do that! That's child abuse isn't it?"

"I don't know." She had sobbed. Then it was quiet for a couple of seconds and then he spoke up.

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Are you sure?" Sally had sniffed.

"Yes." He stated, and Sally could hear him grabbing things. "I'll be there in a few, don't worry darling." He said.

And that's how Paul ended up in Sally's bedroom.

Sally had tear stains on her cheeks, her hair was a mess, face red and puffy, but Paul didn't seem to care. The only thing he took in consideration is the hurt that showed on her face.

"Oh, darling." Paul cooed and opened his arms to hug her once he go in. Sally started sobbing into his chest, Paul rubbing her back. "What happened dove?" But Sally didn't answer at first, the first thing she asked was ;

"Are you sure you don't mind Paul?" She sniffed, eyes still with tears. Paul gave her a small smile as he put a strand of her hair behind her ear. "No darling, not at all." He then pulled away and grabbed the bag he had brought. "Do you mind me changing?" He asked politely and Sally shook her head and pointed at the closet. "You can change in there." She cleared her throat. Paul nodded and grabbed his clothes from the bag, and turned to the closet.

And that's how they both ended up cuddling on Sally's bed.

"And she told me I was ugly and fat and a waste of time." She sniffed as more tears rolled down her cheeks. Paul moved a strand of her hair behind her ear and gave a lingering kiss on her temple. "Well y'know what I think?" He had whispered.

"I think you are the most amazing, beautiful, adorable and wonderful human being on the planet." Paul had his back pressed on the bed board, and cuddled into her, giving her one more kiss, but this time on her cheek. Sally pouted, laying her head on his lap, playing with the rings on his fingers as she looked up at him.

Paul's eyes were shining with something Sally couldn't exactly make up, but all she knew was that she liked it. "You mean that?" Sally whispered. Paul nodded. "Promise?" Paul laughed wholeheartedly, his pinky lips stretching around his teeth widely as he shook his head. "I don't have to promise you that darling, it's a fact. But I promise." He had said, connecting his pinky with hers. And with that, Sally closed her eyes, falling asleep on his lap.

But when she woke up, Paul was not there. The first thing she thought was "did I dream all of this?" But then she looked at her hand, and in a sloppy writing, her hand read;

"Your mum called you, she went to grab the keys to open the door, and I ran. You sleep through anything y'know?- Paul"

And with that, she knew she had to tell someone.