Paul

***George***

I leave her home feeling like a new man. I feel a deep....satisfaction.

The sky is still overcast, another storm threatening to spill onto the already saturated earth.

We don't live far from her, so my walk is very short.

I'm at our little row of homes in a matter of minutes, walking quickly up the steps to the house I share with Ringo and Val.

I barely have both feet in the door when Val comes tearing in from the kitchen.

"Where is she?" She peeks behind me, frowning when she finds nothing.

"Why haven't you brought her home? She asks crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently.

I run a hand through my hair with a tired sigh, gently pushing past her. "I just met the woman for God's sake, Val."

"Oh, but you'll go back to her's and shag her bloody brains out?"

I stop and turn back to shoot her a look, Ringo entering before I can snap something back.

"How'd it go last night, Georgie?" He asks as he falls onto the couch heavily.

"It was great..." I speak softly, remembering the way she felt, the way she tasted.

I'm snapped from my daydream when Val grabs my arm with an excited squeak.

"She's it then! I've never seen that look in your eyes, George! You've found her! Bring her home!"

"Would you relax! If I brought her here you'd scare her off with your maniac tendencies!"

She grins smugly at me as she releases my arm. "I'm right. I'm always right, George."

"Whatever, Val. I'm going to be downstairs, let me know when the others get here."

**********************

I watch as he leaves, his words replaying over and over again in my mind; "you need to rest, I drank quite a bit..."

My throat tingles where he left his mark and my hand subconsciously reaches up to touch the spot.

A vampire.
George is a vampire.
Is this real life?
Or have I fallen into a coma?

I slowly rise from the bed, my body aching deliciously.

I walk down to the kitchen and clean up the discarded cheese and glasses from the night before.

Seeing my blood all over the cutting board makes my heart race as I remember the way George reacted.

After I situate the kitchen i have a quick breakfast and head back upstairs to run myself a steaming hot bath.

I pour in some lavender-honey bubble bath and sink slowly into the tub, the ache in my body slowly dissipating with the wonderful heat of the water.