Settling In

After finishing our meal alongside more informative chit chat, we head off to the grocery store.

We peruse the aisles, the girls placing things into our basket that will help me recover faster.

After paying for our things we begin to head back when suddenly Cecilia stops. "As a celebration of _______ joining us, why don't we have the boys make us steaks tonight?" She says as she eyes up the butcher shop.

"Yes! And they're the perfect food to help build up iron!" Val says as we enter the shop.

I stand back and watch as Val points out the leanest cuts in the case with expert knowledge.

The butcher wraps them tightly and we're off on our way again.

It isn't long before we're back at my new home. We climb the steps and enter the house heading straight for the kitchen.

After putting the things away I wonder aloud, "where are the boys?"

"Why, we're right here, my dear." John says in a silly accent making us turn to the door.

"Have you moved all of ______'s things?" Cecilia asks as she approaches him for a kiss.

"Most things." Paul says motioning for Lily to go to him.

"Most, why not all?" Lily asks with her arms crossed.

"We had good reasoning! Why bring everything over? We've already got dishes here and towels and household things. So we just brought over the necessities." Ringo says with a shrug.

"Yes, that's quite fine." I say, "my house belonged to my grandmother and she left it to me when she passed. The rest of my things can stay there with no issue."

"Great! Now that that's settled, we have another task for you boys!" Val says excitedly.

George groans, "we just moved a ton of stuff, can't I just relax with ________ for a while you bloody slave driver?!"

Val shoots him a look, "fine. If you're gonna be a crybaby about it, go show her your area."

George just gives her the dirtiest look I've ever seen and gently takes me by the arm.

Once we near the stairs going down George speaks. "Sorry about her, love. It's always something."

I shake my head, "it's all right, she's quite sweet."

He looks at me for a moment before chuckling, "you'll see, darling. Anyway, the way we have it set up," he gestures to the living room, "the main floor is for all of us. We can do whatever we like here." He points to the stairs going up. "Val and Ringo's area is up there, we are not to go up there unless for some reason we're invited. That's their private space." He gestures to the stairs going down. "This is our private space. No one comes down unless we'd like them to."

"Seems fair." I say and George leads me down the flight of stairs. I can see several rooms as we reach the bottom.

The first room is an office space. My typewriter and telephone are set up on my desk. I grin as I step in.