Phantom

***George's POV***

I make my way through the empty streets of this small, dreary town. The sky darkening as night approaches.

My mind feels hazy, like I'm stuck in a cloud.

I'm so hungry...I haven't eaten anything since....

I shake my head, wanting to pummel my brain for bringing those painful memories back.

I stare hard at the sidewalk, my boots pounding the pavement steadily as I approach The Cavern.

It's not long before I arrive. The dank club welcoming me with it's stifling air as I walk down the stairs, hands shoved deep into the pockets of my leather jacket.

As soon as I enter the room I see the others sitting with their backs to me at the bar.

I frown as I slide back into the shadows where they cant see me.

Of course they're here.....I can't face them....not yet...I just need to find someone....

A soft hand landing on my shoulder makes me turn quickly.

________? No...

"George!" She says in a flirty squeal, "I've missed you so much! It's been forever since you all have played!"

I press my finger to her lips so the others won't hear. Her eyebrows raise and a smirk stretches beneath my finger.

"Oh, so you want to be quiet, then..." She purrs, "Well, I know a certain little alley we can...be quiet in..."

The hunger deep inside me screams to take her offer.

This meal is falling right in my lap....at least she'd like to, anyway...

I smile devilishly at her, "then lead the way, love."

***Your POV***

I watch my feet striding slowly across the cracked, uneven pavement. Not sure what I even intend to do when I get to The Cavern.

It seems to take a hundred years, but when I finally arrive I can't seem to bring myself to walk down those familiar stairs.

I stand there stupidly for God knows how long, catching my breath. Heart pounding in my chest from the exertion.

What if he's in there?....I don't want to see him..........but.......no!

I shake my head and carefully climb down the stairs.

I enter the too hot club and make my way to the bar without paying too much attention to my surroundings.

I can't see him if he's here. I can't.

An arm wraps around my shoulder, a melodic, familiar voice filling my ear, "______! It's been such a while since we've seen you! Say, where's George?"

I turn and look into the hazel eyes of Paul. John and Ringo leaning forward to wave at me.

I give them a strained smile.