The Introduction

I watch George's body tense up at the voice of the extremely angry woman.

I look at her with wide eyes and she regards me with a soft, almost apologetic smile.

Her attention quickly turns back to George. Tension fills the room quickly as she leaves Ringo's side to grab George by the lapels of his jacket.

"Ringo just updated me on what you've been up to. I've been worried about not seeing you. And I get told you nearly drank this poor woman to death."

The rage in her gentle tone is impressive. Something tells me she's holding herself back since I'm here.

George raises his hands in surrender, "Val, listen, it was an accident-"

"No shit it was an accident! Unless you've started to just go off murderin' girls because it's fun."

Val steps back and crosses her arms, her eyes filled with fire.

"You know I would never. I want out of this cursed life as much as the rest of ya." George tosses back, his tone rising to meet hers.

"That's it? Just using the poor thing to your advantage!? Is she just an object to you? A tool to gain your humanity back? Have you no heart?!" Val shouts, causing me to take a step backward.

"God damnit, Val! No! Would you shut yer fuckin' gab and listen to me?! I'm not using her! I actually l-uh-care for her more than you could imagine! Always jumping to conclusions, you crazy bat!" George takes a step toward Val.

Ringo looks at me with a sympathetic grin, waving me over.

I try to sidestep past the hostile duo in front of me but Val snatches my wrist as I walk past.

"Hi, love. Nice to meet you, I'm Val. What's your name?"

I open my mouth, but just gape like a fish out of water for a moment before answering. "Uh, _________. My name's ________."

"Beautiful name, darling. So glad to finally meet you. George wouldn't tell me anything about you, y'know."

I just nod and slip from her grasp slowly, taking refuge by Ringo.

"Are you serious right now, Val? You're a bloody lunatic!" George shouts. "There's a reason I didn't want to tell you anything!"

Suddenly the door slowly opens, Paul peeking his head in.

George follows our gazes and stares at Paul.

"We uh, heard a row going on and figured George was back...." Paul says sheepishly as he pushes the door open further.

"Because she's a damn maniac!" George accuses and points his finger back at Val.

Paul comes in, followed by John and two other girls.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." John says with a wave of his hand. "We know, but we came to see-" he stops talking as soon as his eyes land on me.

He smiles, "there she is...left in a hurry last night, love.." he crosses the room to me, scanning his eyes over me.

"You look pretty well considerin'...glad to see you didn't kick the poor lad out."