No Matter What

***Your POV***

"......___....________....__________ wake up..." Margie's soft voice in my ear rouses me from the unconscious state I was just in.

I groan, lifting my head from the uncomfortable position it's been in for the past who knows how long.

Margie helps me to my feet, grunting in surprise when I nearly fall to the floor and she has to take the brunt of my weight.

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you couldn't walk..." she says lightly, helping me back to my room.

Once I'm settled she disappears briefly, returning with a box of tissues.

I turn my attention to the table by the bed, surprised to see it filled to the brim with crackers and orange juice, and even a glass of water.

She sets the tissues down and sits on the edge of the bed. "Now just relax, you're very pale, and incredibly weak. It's almost as if you've donated blood! First, drink up this glass of water, then have some crackers and a full glass of juice. Drink as much juice as you can, it will help immensely. And I'll come and check on you every day, okay?"

I nod, all of her instructions sticking in my thoughts as I down the glass of water as quickly as I could.

She supervises my cracker and juice intake, and once she's satisfied with both, she bids me goodbye, with the promise of letting our boss know that I am incredibly ill and will need to take the next week or two off.

I watch as she leaves, feeling small and helpless. That feeling of abandonment rearing it's ugly head once more as his face pops up behind my closed eyes.

Why? Geo....how could you leave me like this....you called me your 'One'....what does that even mean? I've only known you for a short while...so why does this hurt so badly?

****George's POV, 3 days later****

This creeping feeling of solitude should feel normal by now. But....she was really it....she was really the One....She was the One that was supposed to help me become human again.....to lift this wretched curse.....

I can already feel the powers of her blood slowly beginning to fade...so why can't the memory of her go along with it?!

Why must I be tormented with these memories....I only knew her for a few days....yet....everything about her lingers....

The way she smelled.....the way she slightly blushed under my gaze...how she tasted......and how she felt....like she was handcrafted just for me....

Oh....yes.......she WAS handcrafted just for me.....to be my One love.....my saving grace...the light in the darkness of my life....

A cold tear trails down my cheek gently, making a deep rage rise within me.

I shoot up from my bed, my entire body shaking with anger. My eyes shift about the room, landing on the mirror hanging from my wall.

Something needs to hurt as much as I do.

I rush to the mirror, my vision turning black as I swing my fist as hard as I can into the reflective surface over and over again, obliterating the glass into shards all over the floor beneath it.