Gone

***George's POV***

________ shifting onto her back rouses me from my sleep.

I lean up on my elbow and look down at her. Her skin looks pallid, her complexion pale and sickly.

The first sounds of rain beginning to strike the side of the house distracts me for a moment.

"...water....please...."

Her voice, cracked and hoarse draws my attention back down from the window.

Her eyes are open now, just barely. Half lidded,  the shine from them dull, barely there.

"Alright, be right back, love." I say and quickly rise from the bed.

I rush down the stairs, getting a glass and filling it most of the way before hurrying back to her.

The way she looked...she looks like she's sick...

I frown and head back up to give her the water in my clenching hand.

I sit by her and set the glass in the side table.

Her eyes are closed again, her skin somehow even paler than it was just a few moments ago.

I place my hand on her cheek, shocked at how cold her skin is in comparison to my own.

I feel a jolt of panic as I jerk my hand away.

Thunder rumbles in the distance as I gently shake her, receiving no response.

I tilt her head to the side, pressing my fingers into her pulse point.

I feel a bead of sweat slip down the back of my neck, the indents of my bite burning beneath my touch.

I feel her pulse, but feel no relief. It's faint, hardly there. Her skin growing colder the longer I touch her.

I....did I....

Thunder crashes, rattling the windows of her room.

I jump from the bed, fear spreading quickly through my body.

Jesus Christ....I've killed her. I've fucking killed her.

My head is clouded with panic and hatred for myself beyond measure.

I found her. I found my One. And I've taken her life. Snuffed it out faster than a candle in the wind.

"_________...." I speak softly, that familiar numbing loneliness beginning to weave it's way through my soul.

I dress myself quickly and give one last look at her over my shoulder.

Lightning illuminates the room as I turn and flee.

I run as fast as I can, the rain soaking me in seconds as I rush back home.

I need to forget...forget everything...forget her scent....forget her taste...oh...her taste........no. I need to forget....her.....