007

From that day on, the two housemates would go to the supermarket to buy groceries everyday, making sure there were enough for both breakfast and dinner. Yohan would usually be the one to cook breakfast, so today, he was surprised to see Jiwoo up early and putting on an apron.

"What are you doing?" Yohan asked curiously. "Why are you putting on an apron?"

Jiwoo scrunched up her nose. "I'm going to cook breakfast with you."

He eyed her incredulously. "Do you even know how to cook?"

"Nope." She said, popping the 'p'.

"Then I don't think you should." He said wearily, watching as she looked over the ingredients for scrambled egg.

"I want to help too, you know?" Jiwoo really did. "It's not fair how you have to cook me breakfast and dinner, and I can't even help you."

Yohan sighed, but then grinned a split second later. "This should be fun!"

Jiwoo grinned back. "I know right. Let's make the best scrambled egg in this universe."

"What do you normally like in a scrambled egg?" Yohan asked as he cracked four eggs into a bowl.

A brief silence stretched across the kitchen, followed by the girl giving Yohan a sheepish smile. "Um..."

The boy dropped the egg shells in shock, his eyes widening to a size Jiwoo didn't know was possible. "You've never had scrambled eggs before?" He was almost downright offended.

"No...?"

"Oh my god. Okay," the boy ran his fingers through his unkempt hair, looking like he was taking this news harder than he should have. "Let's add spinach and cheese, then. A classic combo."

"I don't like vegetables." Jiwoo said, scrunching her nose in distaste at the thought of having vegetables for breakfast.

"Well, sweetheart, I don't care." Yohan said, retying his loose apron and ignoring the girl's pout. "It's good for your health so suck it up."

"Aww," the said sweetheart grinned. "You care about my health."

"Of course I do." Yohan said off-handedly as he rummaged through the refrigerator for Parmesan cheese, effectively failing to notice the way Jiwoo's ears turned red.

"You can go ahead and chop the vegetables, and I'll season the eggs." The experienced boy gave out orders.

Jiwoo advanced the chopping board hesitantly, her hand awkwardly reaching out to hold the knife. She brought it up close to her face and examined the blade, frowning as she did so. This was really new to her, this whole cooking and holding a knife thing. She gulped. The blade looked real sharp, too.

Her uncertainty was replaced by shock when she heard an unmanly shriek from her left, but thank god, her grip on the knife wasn't loose. If it wasn't as strong, the knife would be sure to have fallen to the floor, and worse, cut her foot.

"Why did you scream!" Jiwoo screamed at Yohan, her question coming out more like an incomprehensible shriek too as the boy in front of her covered his mouth with his hands.

"You!" Yohan shouted back. "Why are you holding your knife like that?"

He quickly scrambled to her side and took the knife out of her hands. "This is so not safe." He mumbled to himself. "I shouldn't have let you held a knife without proper guidance."

"Um.. I'm sorry?" Jiwoo apologized, not knowing that the action would trigger such a reaction from him.

"No, no, don't be." Yohan reassured her after having calmed himself down. "Here, let me teach you how to hold the knife."

Her 'boyfriend' went behind her and placed his hands on top of hers, trapping her in a loose hug from behind. His left hand grabbed her left and placed it on the spinach, while his right hand steadied her right hand that was holding a knife. Jiwoo tried to gulp as silently as possible. Why was she getting nervous at this simple physical contact?

Yohan was probably telling her the instructions to holding a knife and cutting vegetables, but Jiwoo was far from listening, too focused on thinking whether the boy would realize how sweaty her hand is, and wondering if her hair smelled bad.

"....okay?" Yohan's question seemed to snap Jiwoo back to reality, and she looked down to see perfectly shopped spinach pieces.

"Uh, y-yeah! Thanks..."

With that, the boy tossed her some garlic for her to mince, laughing as the girl scrunched her nose at the foul smell. Soon, the scrambled egg was done and the two housemates enjoyed it in a pleasant chatter. It was her first time eating scrambled eggs, but Jiwoo was sure she wouldn't be able to find better ones in the future. The one Yohan made would hands down be the best.

When Yohan was cleaning the dishes and Jiwoo was clearing up the kitchen table, there was only one thought on the boy's mind.

Her hair smells like lavender.

———
A/N:
Big thanks to you readers who are still reading this story ❤️. If you guys like this chapter, please vote or comment! You guys are my motivation to write 🥰

blueswritess