019

Wooseok was immediately popular once he entered the class

All the girls (and some boys) were swooning over his appearance, and even the other boys seemed speechless. The teacher introduced Wooseok as a summer school student- meaning he was on a summer from abroad to study here for a week, just to see how Korean high schools were.

From the front, Yuvin turned his head to look at Jiwoo. His face clearly said 'you have something to do with this', and all Jiwoo could do was give her best friend an innocent smile.

Maybe, maybe not.

Yuvin rolled his eyes and jerked his head in the direction of her sulking seatmate. Then what's up with yohan?

No idea. He's back to his emo phase again.

Yuvin shrugged. Maybe he's jealous of your new boyfriend.

Funny. Jiwoo grinned. You're pretty observant nowadays, aren't ya, Yuvinnie?

I try. Her friend mock bowed his head as if doing it before a room full of audience before turning back to the front of the class.

Despite that, Jiwoo was mildly impressed that Yuvin managed to come to the conclusion that Wooseok was her new rented boyfriend. Maybe it had to do with the fact that the student transfer excuse sucked, because really, nobody ever joined their school on a one-week summer course, especially not a month before their finals.

Wooseok winded up sitting in front of her, much to Yohan's displeasure, so the teenage boy ended up grumbling his complaints to himself the whole class.

———
Jiwoo had fun the past two days, really. Wooseok did all the heart fluttering things that would have been only a dream a few days before. He held the door open for her, carried her books and bags, and even tucked her hair behind her ear too. Her heart always skipped a beat whenever those things happened, but she also couldn't help but feel that there was something out of place.

I wonder what it is.

Today, just like the other days, Wooseok took her up to the rooftop for lunch. He had quickly brought her to the cafeteria to get their food, and just as quickly, left the room before many students filed in.

"What's the hurry?" Jiwoo remembered asking on the first day out of a mixture of amusement and curiosity after giving her three friends waiting at their usual lunch table an apologetic glance.

"I just want to spend more time with you, that's all." He had answered with a kind smile, his hand reaching to mess up her hair, ignoring her pout.

Today, just like the other days, Yohan stared at the two's retreating backs with an unreadable look in his eyes.

"Jiwoo and Wooseok seem awfully close." Jyunhao finally noted, after three full days. Maybe it was he fact that he hadn't received a single candy from his friend the past days because of how rare their interaction had become.

"Oh, didn't you know?" Yuvin asked, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "He's her new boyfriend."

The redhead whipped his head around so hard Yuvin was scared it was going to snap. "What?" Jyunhao quickly looked at Yohan. "Are you okay?" Concern laced in his voice, and Yohan was mildly glad for his friend's concern.

"Yeah..." The boy in question trailed off, looking at the exit the two people had just left.

"He's so whipped for Jiwoo." Yuvin beamed.

Yohan growled at his friend, before looking around to see if anyone else heard it. "No, I'm not."

"Yeah, sure." Yuvin rolled his eyes. "Those longing glances and lingering stares at her retreating back tell me how unconcerned you are."

"It's hard to move on." Jyunhao nodded along wisely, even though he got over his crush on Jiwoo in less than three days.

"It's different." Yohan hissed, making Yuvin raise an eyebrow, more out of curiosity than the intent to mock his friend.

"So, you admit it. You like Jiwoo." His friend said, this time looking at Yohan with a serious look in his eyes. The two friends ignored Jyunhao's silent question because of the redhead's limited knowledge on this subject.

This time, Yohan looked perplexed at this very idea, and it took him a few good minutes before he replied.

"I don't know."