024

"W-What?" Wooseok stuttered, which was probably the first time Jiwoo had heard him do that

"You heard me." The sneaky grin was stuck on her face. "The lucky person who you fell in love with. Who is it?"

"No one." He denied, and she would've believed him if his voice didn't quiver near the end.

"Please, Wooseok. I can recognize a love struck voice any time of the day."

"You probably don't even remember him." Wooseok mumbled, his eyes on everywhere but Jiwoo.

"Let me guess, Lee Jinhyuk?" Confidence leaked through her voice, bordering cockiness once she was able to connect the dots. She was damn proud of her observation skills, and it was moments like these that she got to show them off.

Wooseok's eyes got so big Jiwoo was worried they might pop out of his perfectly sculpted face. "W-What? Oh my god. How did you know?" He spluttered, undoubtedly in shock.

"Fam," she grinned, playfully nudging his shoulder. "Jinhyuk's got it bad for you, man. He didn't even want you to be my boyfriend 'cause he was so jealous."

"Are you serious?" Wooseok scolded himself for not being able to keep happiness out of his voice.

"Well, I'm not sure if he realized his feelings for you yet, he does look a bit dense." Jiwoo scrunched up her nose in wonder. "You could show him the way, though." She winked.

"The way to what?"

"The way to your heart." She replied, wriggling her eyebrows suggestively.

Silence stretched across the rooftop.

"Please don't ever make that joke again." Wooseok said quietly, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry." Jiwoo replied just as quickly. Dammit, the joke sounded better in her head.

Right after her apology, Wooseok let out a laugh, so carefree and so lively unlike his usual composed smiles and smirks that he had been showing the last four days. Jiwoo couldn't help but feel happy with seeing Wooseok's true colors shining through his 'boyfriend' exterior.

"Thanks, though." Wooseok smiled. "Do you still want me to act as your boyfriend for the next two days?"

"After knowing you've got the hots for another person? No thanks." She laughed. "Now, go find the true love that is so perfect it makes your heart break a little." She made a shoo-ing motion with her hands.

Wooseok cringed at his cheesy words. He couldn't believe he said that. Now, Jiwoo was probably going to tease him forever.

"Contract says I have to be here for a week, though."

"That's not a problem, you can be my substitute best friend for the next two days instead of the two stupid boys whose names start with a Y." She flashed him her signature grin. "Let's get to class now, shall we?"

"Yeah." Wooseok replied, walking to the door and holding it open for the girl. He watched Jiwoo gathered her stuff and walked out of the door, mock saluting him as thanks for the chivalrous action .

For a girl who claimed to be so observant, she sure was oblivious to Yohan's feelings for her.

———
Yohan was salty when Wooseok and Jiwoo came back to class looking so happy and, well, no longer awkward around each other. Did they make up? Were they back together? What were they?

Despite all the thoughts plaguing his mind, he pretended to coolly lean against the chair when Jiwoo took the seat next to him.

"So..." He started, his hand toying with a pen. "How did the talk with Wooseok go?"

"Good, actually. Really good."

Yohan's heart broke into pieces at those words. "How so?"

"Well, let's just say that I've managed to rent two friends instead of boyfriends in a span of a month."

Huh? Friends? Yohan raised his eyebrow. "Wait, what? So Wooseok's your friend now?"

"It's like a curse or something." Jiwoo heaved out a heavy sigh. "I'm just an amazingly pretty girl who guys just want to be friends with and nothing more."

A quiet voice at the back of his mind said 'that's not true', but Yohan ignored it for the sake of the bubbling joy threatening to fill his entire body.

"Well," his voice sounded teasing, but something in Yohan said that what he was about to say wasn't exactly a joke. "At least you've got me."

Jiwoo grinned, bumping her shoulder against his.

"Yeah, I've got you."

------
author's note:

yeah... basically ive been hinting jinhyuk x wooseok throughout the chapters 😊😊

and yes, jinhyuk's subconcious intentionally gave jiwoo the wrong boyfriend.

blueswritess