015

"I

"I... I like you. Please go out with me!"

Jiwoo blinked, her sandwich halfway in her mouth. Her eyes trailed to the person in front of her. If she wasn't wrong, it was a guy from their class by the name of Jyunhao. He had earned his reputation with his wide smile that managed to snatch both girls' and guys' hearts.

And seeing Jyunhao in front of her, with his dyed red hair and the bright smile on his face, Jiwoo couldn't help but smile back. That was when she was brought back to reality when Yuvin and Yohan beside her choked on their lunch. Then she was able to register what the red-head had said.

"U-Um..." Jiwoo stuttered out, before pointing to the three best friends sitting in a row on a bench. "Me?"

Jyunhao nodded feverishly, his cheeks now almost as red as his hair. It was adorable, really, and the girl would probably pat his head in affection if it weren't for the awkward situation she was put in right now. It was her first time being confessed to, and it flattered her as much as it confused her.

Yuvin nudged her, a sneaky smirk on his face. "Go on, Jiwoo, answer him."

"So.." Jiwoo coughed, elbowing Yuvin back. "Here's the thing, Jyunhao-"

The said boy's eyes sparkled and he muttered, "Oh wow, you know my name."

"Of course I know your name!" The girl replied back, a light blush dusting her cheeks at the attention. "But I'm afraid I can't go out with you."

Jyunhao's head immediately went down as he looked at his shoes, his famous smile now disappeared from his face, and Jiwoo immediately felt bad. He deserved an explanation, at least, so she tried to rake her brain for one good reason that would not hurt his feelings too badly.

"She has a boyfriend." Yohan, who had been strangely silent this whole time, said out of nowhere.

"She does?" Yuvin, Jiwoo and Jyunhao asked at the same time, all with varying levels of incredulity.

Jiwoo then caught on a split second later. "Yeah! She does! Wait, I mean I do!"

Yohan put his arm around her shoulders, and despite experiencing that contact everyday, Jiwoo still blushed lightly. "I'm her boyfriend."

Jyunhao immediately apologized. "Oh, I'm sorry!" His eyes went back and forth between Yohan and Jiwoo. "I just thought that you two broke up because you guys aren't so... lovey-dovey."

Jiwoo tried to calm the redhead in front of her down. "It's alright, really, Jyunhao." She offered him a hand. "Let's be friends instead?"

Jyunhao looked at the hand for a brief moment, before a small smile appeared on his face.

"Yeah, friends sound good."

---
That day, the two housemates went out for dinner, but Yohan didn't say anything to Jiwoo on the way home or on the way to the shop, or even when they had ordered food.

"Are you okay?" Jiwoo finally asked him. She had learned that when something was bothering Yohan or when he was angry, he would recede to his quiet self, keeping things to himself rather than lashing out. So she would usually give him time to calm down before asking what was wrong.

"Do you like him?"

Jiwoo continued to pour water into her cup, not stopping to look at him. "Who?"

There was a brief silence before the bottle of water was snatched out of Jiwoo's hands by Yohan, causing the girl to look up in surprise. The boy in front of her seemed just as surprised by his sudden action.

"You know..." he continued. "Jyunhao guy."

"Jyunhao?" Jiwoo scrunched up her nose by habit. "We've never talked, which is such a pity because I've always heard that he's such a happy virus, so I don't think there's any form of attraction between us."

With that said, Yohan put the bottle of water down. "Oh, that's good."

If Jiwoo didn't know better, she would say that he sounded relieved.

"Why?" She asked curiously. It didn't seem to bother Yuvin as much as it bothered Yohan, even though Yuvin gave her hell by teasing her the rest of the day, and she was sure the teasing would continue for as long as she knew her best friend.

"I don't know." Yohan answered honestly, running a hand through his hair. "It's just that I felt uneasy when he said that."

"Oh." The girl replied, not knowing what else to say.

To be honest, Yohan didn't know why he was so bothered by the confession that wasn't even directed to him in the first place. When Jiwoo hesitated to answer Jyunhao, he could feel himself frowning against his will. This tiny possibility, even though he knew was slim to zero, of Jiwoo liking Jyunhao back made him uneasy. When she blushed, it felt like there was a heavy feeling weighing his heart down.

Maybe he was just overprotective of her as a friend. Yohan knew Jiwoo deserved better, but the thing was, the idea of her with another guy just made him want to punch a wall.

Yohan heaved out a sigh. Why was he being like this?

------
A/N:

yesterday was the final episode and i have to say that yunseong and jinhyuk are absolutely robbed.

hyungjun, minhee and our bby yohan made it, thank god.